When did they upgrade you?

MRF777

Done 60 Princess cruises and have never been upgraded or offered an up sell. So don't hold your breath! ! Have given up hoping. Probably think we are hooked and won't bother. Would nice to be rewarded a little for our loyalty. Still, we do have the nice Elite benefits which we enjoy.

Cannot believe it - we have been upgraded from a Club Class Mini to a Suite. Co-incidence?, or perhaps Princess monitor these boards and felt sorry for us.

Thank you Princess and I now believe "all good things come to those that "wait". By the way we sail on Saturday on Crown.:D:cool::cool::)

My wife and I were offered an up sell about 3-4 months before our December 2016 cruise. We were booked in E731, great mini suite we had in 2008. The deal was for a full suite at a cost of $499 per person. We declined. Two days before departure, my TA calls and says Princess wants our mini suite and our daughters cabin R731 if we all will take the family suite and they will refund in onboard credit the price of my girls cabin. $$$$ SOLD!

Having been in a full suite on our 2005 cruise, this was an awesome upgrade. Breakfast in Sabatini's was outstanding. My girls received dinner at a specialty restaurant as ours was already included in the mini suite. Free laundry! Let's just say Princess may have lost money on this perk. The ability to reserve a table in Anytime Dining with the same wait staff was nice. Full menu in our suite for room service. This was a fantastic perk. Had to remember how to order, first day we ordered way too much food for breakfast. Embarrassed.

Only downside was the family suite was on the front port side of the ship. When at full cruise speed, wind is too strong to enjoy the oversized balcony. Really need some type of wind deflection. But let me say this, if we ever get offered the same deal again, we all agree we would SAY YES!!!!!

I just got off the Ruby today. I went to my parents' house a couple days before we sailed and my Mom printed her bag tags on Thursday before we left on Saturday. I had checked our personalizer on Wednesday evening. When I helped my Mom fold her tags, I noticed that the cabin number was different. We had quietly been upgraded from a regular balcony on Aloha (way aft/Port) to a premium balcony on Caribe (mid-forward/Port). I suspect we got the cabin of someone who cancelled at the last minute, but not sure. Apparently, upgrades are done by computer with some algorithm that no one understands. =)

I think they usually try to upsell cabins before they start upgrading people.

I agree. We were once upgraded from an inside forward cabin to a HC balcony on Caribe deck. We weren't notified of the change and I just happened to see it on the personalizer a few weeks before the cruise. If I hadn't been checking stuff we would have been quite surprised at the pier. We were actually quite surprised anyway as a free upgrade from an inside forward cabin to a huge balcony cabin on Caribe was amazing. Not only is the balcony normally larger on Caribe but the HC cabin is about 1.5 times as wide as a normal balcony cabin which, of course, meant the balcony was that big as well. Loved the space in that cabin. Obviously nobody who needed that type of cabin had booked so we got lucky.

We were upgraded to a Caribe balcony and LOVED that extra balcony space. My parents usually get an inside cabin so they can cruise more often, but I think my Mom is ruined now. We loved our balcony and sleeping with the door cracked open. :D

We just sailed 5/4/17 and received the up sell email on 3/21/17. We upgraded from an inside cabin to a balcony for $99 per person. If you look at what we paid for the inside cabin during a Red, White and Blue sale and the upgrade fee, we paid $10 more per person than what Princess was selling the balconies for the week prior but since we had a non-refundable deposit, we wouldn't have been able to switch cabins so I was happy for the offer. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the time of the year (May Pacific Coastal) and the ship (Island Princess that folks don't like since the refurb).

We've received many upgrades over the years--booking guarantee cabins. Most have been a few weeks before sailing with our initial cabin assignment. The latest was on a Wednesday before a Saturday sailing (after we had already begun the land portion of our cruise tour). The earliest was before the final payment date. We've never been moved after getting a cabin assignment.