Very old coffee card.

rjrice1

We took a coffee card purchased on our 2011 transatlantic on a cruise just this past November. The guy took our card, broke out in a huge smile, commented that he had hadn't seen one of them in a while and that was that. We got our coffee!!

Had the same experience in October 2016 on Grand. Had an old "Queen of Steam" card. No problem with getting fresh brewed for a punch. The barista that I first gave it to was excited as he had never seen that type. He went and showed another - not to ask if it was valid - but just showing it off.

2009 maybe 2010. Yes the old player card. The one's that never expired.

My last Princess cruise was out of San Juan on a southern. Wish they still did that too.

Oh come on! Nobody has asked how old the coffee cards are. I am not adding valuable input here but I am nosy enough and curious enough to ask just how old the coffee cards are!

Ice cream !!:D

Wondering what do they put in the mini bar for suites. It might be worth trading for the coffee card too.

On the Royal & Regal it's possible to use a coffee card punch at Gelato's for ice cream treats including sundaes. The price is $3.50 so a coffee card punch (about $2.40) is a good deal. Newer Grand-Class ships such as the Crown have 3 scoops of gelato at the IC for $1.50. I've read more posts that said they couldn't use a coffee card punch at the IC so your experience could vary.

I've never been in a suite but seem to recall reading that the suite & elite minibars are the same & here's information about the elite minibar.

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine valued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

We have an AIBP on an upcoming cruise and were thinking about swapping the mini bar for the two coffee cards. If we do that, can we save them both for upcoming voyages and get the free brewed on those?

Recently, the cards I have received in trade had the current voyage written on the back.

We have such a glut of cards that I am happy to spend a punch for anything. But, after you get to know the bartenders, they usually let you slide on brewed coffee; particularly if you ever tip.

Have a great cruise & the only issue I've read about with using a "playing card" coffee card is having a barista who'd never seen one having to confirm that it was a valid coffee card. ;)

I had the same issue. I have several old coffee cards, and had a few punches left on my old "Queen of Steam" card. I wanted to just use it up, and the first barista I gave it to looked confused, then walked away and conferred with his boss.

In the dining room, they said they could not take it. After explaining that yes, they could indeed take it, they whisked it off to a superior who apologized and explained that there had been instances of copying. After verifying that my card was valid, they honored it.

Really though? Copying it? People do that? :confused:

Anyway, I just got off Emerald, and they were checking the backs of the green striped cards to be sure the sailing was listed. Otherwise, they punched for brewed coffee.

So glad I saw this thread...I forgot I had a card! Purchased in 2009 or 2010. It looks like a playing card and may have a green dragon on it? Going to dig it out for my upcoming Hawaii cruise. Thank you all for the updated information.

We have an AIBP on an upcoming cruise and were thinking about swapping the mini bar for the two coffee cards. If we do that, can we save them both for upcoming voyages and get the free brewed on those? IE activate the card on a future voyage - no reason to do it that cruise.

Yes, every time I have traded out for cards they have been blank.

If they are marked with a voyage then technically you can only use the unused punches on future voyages for brewed coffee.

We are mostly HAL cruisers. Our upcoming cruise is only our second time on Princess & first in a full suite on Princess. We plan to trade in our mini bar for 2 coffee cards. What is the procedure? Do we just call room service? How soon does this happen - Is it done within the first day or two?

We are mostly HAL cruisers. Our upcoming cruise is only our second time on Princess & first in a full suite on Princess. We plan to trade in our mini bar for 2 coffee cards. What is the procedure? Do we just call room service? How soon does this happen - Is it done within the first day or two?

Call RS. They will do it as soon as possible.

Several cruises in a row now the cards received as a trade out for mini bar setup have the voyage in them. I have asked room service and the Captains Circle person about it and am getting the same story repeatedly, they will have the voyage filled in.

A bit frustrating as we do lots of B2B cruises and would start two coffee cards (1 each) from "our stock" and get the mini bar setup at the very beginning and then trade out for coffee cards on part 2 of the B2B to replace "our stock". Can still do this but the fresh brewed/hot chocolate benefit is gone now doing it this way.

I still suspect people selling them on eBay has done this to the rest of us.

And Yes, one look at an old card without the green stripe gets a "we have to do a punch for tea, hot chocolate, fresh brewed etc" even though it had no punches yet and no voyage filled in.

AE_Collector

Recently, the cards I have received in trade had the current voyage written on the back.

We have such a glut of cards that I am happy to spend a punch for anything. But, after you get to know the bartenders, they usually let you slide on brewed coffee; particularly if you ever tip.

Several cruises in a row now the cards received as a trade out for mini bar setup have the voyage in them. I have asked room service and the Captains Circle person about it and am getting the same story repeatedly, they will have the voyage filled in.

A bit frustrating as we do lots of B2B cruises and would start two coffee cards (1 each) from "our stock" and get the mini bar setup at the very beginning and then trade out for coffee cards on part 2 of the B2B to replace "our stock". Can still do this but the fresh brewed/hot chocolate benefit is gone now doing it this way.

And Yes, one look at an old card without the green stripe gets a "we have to do a punch for tea, hot chocolate, fresh brewed etc" even though it had no punches yet and no voyage filled in.

AE_Collector

I'm not surprised with the change to have minibar trade-in coffee cards with the current cruise information on them.

I also suspect that passengers who brag on CC about selling their trade-in blank coffee cards on EBay are the reason for this change.

I'm not surprised with the change to have minibar trade-in coffee cards with the current cruise information on them.

I also suspect that passengers who brag on CC about selling their trade-in blank coffee cards on EBay are the reason for this change.

Probably the same people who used to brag about willing their cards (the really old ones) to the children so they could get free brewed into perpetuity.

Probably the same people who used to brag about willing their cards (the really old ones) to the children so they could get free brewed into perpetuity.

That's probably true. ;)

A couple of years ago Princess generously added the elite minibar trade-in for 2 coffee cards. Adding the current cruise information to the card will devalue the cards being sold on eBay because free brewed coffee won't be included. Thankfully they didn't eliminate this option & having coffee cards marked with cruise information is better than none at all.

That's probably true. ;)

A couple of years ago Princess generously added the elite minibar trade-in for 2 coffee cards. Adding the current cruise information to the card will devalue the cards being sold on eBay because free brewed coffee won't be included. Thankfully they didn't eliminate this option & having coffee cards marked with cruise information is better than none at all.

Unless, of course, you're trading it in because you have the AIBP.

AE_Collector

We've had mixed results on this. On our Star Hawaiian cruise in March DH's card was marked, but mine was not. On our Baltic/TA our first set of cards were marked and our second set wasn't.

However we booked the Baltic/TA as one cruise, and on the second leg one barista in HC wanted to punch the card for brewed coffee. He insisted that since the new voyage had started DH couldn't use it for free coffee. We called a supervisor over who said it was valid. That was the first time we'd had that happen on a b2b.