Question on Specialty Dining

meh56

We have the 4 day specialty dining program on the Pearl this Oct. Can you tell me how this works with the restaurants that have al la carte menu? Are you given a dollar amount or is it limited in the courses you order?

We have the 4 day specialty dining program on the Pearl this Oct. Can you tell me how this works with the restaurants that have al la carte menu? Are you given a dollar amount or is it limited in the courses you order?

This has been discussed on other threads.

First, you can order one appetizer, one entree and one desert.

This is a positive.

It seems that some restaurants and/or some ships allow more appetizers and sides.

I guess you should ask before you order.

Judy

The T&Cs state that you are restricted to one entree. They do not mention any restriction on any other course.

Whilst people have reported staff trying to restrict other courses, from what I can tell they seem to back down if challenged.

... you can order one appetizer, one entree and one desert.

This is a positive.

I don't see how this is a positive. Prior to a few months ago I never had trouble ordering more than one appetizer or dessert with the SDP. The same takeaway happened with the Platinum meal. It's like saying the move from the four meal to three meal SDP promo was a positive.

The T&Cs state that you are restricted to one entree. They do not mention any restriction on any other course.

Whilst people have reported staff trying to restrict other courses, from what I can tell they seem to back down if challenged.

Good information!

Thanks.

I'll remember that on our next cruise and try it if we are restricted.

Judy

I don't see how this is a positive. Prior to a few months ago I never had trouble ordering more than one appetizer or dessert with the SDP. The same takeaway happened with the Platinum meal. It's like saying the move from the four meal to three meal SDP promo was a positive.

Unless I have missed something, nothing has changed recently.

There have been occasional reports of other courses being restricted ever since a la carte was introduced in 2015, but most people don't have that problem.

As far as I'm aware that is still the case.

Unless I have missed something, nothing has changed recently.

There have been occasional reports of other courses being restricted ever since a la carte was introduced in 2015, but most people don't have that problem.

As far as I'm aware that is still the case.

I'm one of those cases. All three à la carte restaurants had waiters programmed first thing to tell diners they only get one each when learning they were using SDP. I heard it told to many people throughout the cruise. That was totally new to me. I lightly questioned one waiter and was told that has always been the rule. I was only allowed substitution of dessert for another appetizer. Perhaps I should have escalated the issue, but didn't want to make a scene and really didn't want that much food at that meal anyway. If it isn't the rule, then NCL should not have this inconsistency between ships/management staff.

I'm one of those cases. All three à la carte restaurants had waiters programmed first thing to tell diners they only get one each when learning they were using SDP. I heard it told to many people throughout the cruise. That was totally new to me. I lightly questioned one waiter and was told that has always been the rule. I was only allowed substitution of dessert for another appetizer. Perhaps I should have escalated the issue, but didn't want to make a scene and really didn't want that much food at that meal anyway. If it isn't the rule, then NCL should not have this inconsistency between ships/management staff.

Yes, some consistency would be handy.

From what I can tell (based mainly on reports here), it seems that there is often consistency on individual ships, so your example doesn't surprise me. At the same time I'm sure other people were successfully ordering multiples on other ships.