New Avis on Mill St. in Juneau

smccarthy123

Has anybody gotten a car out of this office yet ? Are there any options other than a taxi (or walk) to get there from the cruise docks ? or will they shuttle or do the booking right at the cruise ships ?

Also are you happy with the service ?

Thx

Steve

This is a new location this year. Walk or cab are your only options.

IF you time it right, there are a lot more vendors at the airport and most people touring that direction anyway. The Capital transit bus, is fine to use, IF you have the port time. Otherwise, either this Avis location or Juneau Car Rental are the options downtown.

• 3 weeks later...
It's down past the AJ dock. You need to find out your dock, but unless it is AJ, it's close to 1 1/2 mile from the Steamship dock.

How do I find out which dock we will dock? Are the ships at the same dock each "week" or does the dock vary from week to week?

TIA!

How do I find out which dock we will dock? Are the ships at the same dock each "week" or does the dock vary from week to week?

TIA!

a google search, "Juneau dock schedule" or similar. also mentioned on this board.

TIA!

I am not sure if you found it yet but here is the link I found on here and saved after someone posted it a while back. It will also show how many ships will be in at the same time and your assigned dock.

http://claalaska.com/?page_id=1250

It's down past the AJ dock. You need to find out your dock, but unless it is AJ, it's close to 1 1/2 mile from the Steamship dock.

I am not sure if you found it yet but here is the link I found on here and saved after someone posted it a while back. It will also show how many ships will be in at the same time and your assigned dock.

http://claalaska.com/?page_id=1250

Thanks so much!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am also curious about the service from this location this year. We are on Celebrity Solstice, so we are at the AJ Dock. Avis has told me they are literally across the street. Anxious to hear if this is in fact the case and how the experience was for those going before us.

I am also curious about the service from this location this year. We are on Celebrity Solstice, so we are at the AJ Dock. Avis has told me they are literally across the street. Anxious to hear if this is in fact the case and how the experience was for those going before us.

If you are docked at AJ, you are VERY close to Juneau Car Rental. Their prices are less than Avis or any other options at the airport.... Their cars are older model/higher mileage cars, but the savings may be worth it.

If you are docked at AJ, you are VERY close to Juneau Car Rental. Their prices are less than Avis or any other options at the airport.... Their cars are older model/higher mileage cars, but the savings may be worth it.

Our insurance for car hire policy to cover cdw ldw won't cover cars over 10 years old and Juneau has confirmed this is the case with their cars

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

We did use Avis on Mill last week. Staff was great. Vehicle was great. According my "map app" it was 2.0 miles from my location while standing on the ship. We walked off of the ship and looked for a taxi. Asked at the visitor's booth but they didn't even know Avis had moved. We flagged down a passing taxi and she was perturbed to take us but she did. Had a great check-in process, etc. They gave us driving directions to various locations. Upgraded our car since they didn't have what we had booked. Told us we could keep the car past closing time since technically we had rented for 24 hours. Gave us the number of a taxi company to call when we returned. We did call the taxi company and they said they would get someone there "as soon as possible" but couldn't say how long that would be. Mr Ski pulled up Uber on his app but none were available. Luckily, the taxi driver called and said he would be there in 5 mins. He showed up and dropped us back at the pier. So I would definitely rent from them again but unless you want to walk 2 miles....allow extra time for the taxi timing.