Does NCL still over military discount on select cruises?

Sundiego

OY... typo in subject line. Should be "Does NCL still OFFER military discount..."

We have an upcoming cruise booked. With Memorial Day approaching, I am wondering if there might be some military discounts coming up like we see on other cruise lines.

I know NCL used to offer Military discounts. Have they been eliminated or should I bother watching?

Thanks (I searched, could find nothing recent).

Denise

Basically the discount was the same as the AARP discount which has been discontinued.

The AARP discount was cumbersome for NCL for one reason or another but it is there in

another form with the over 55 senior discount - AARP membership not required.

If you have cruised previously with any cruise line Always check the box that you have even

if with another cruise line.

When booking your cruise "ALWAYS" ask for the military/government discount !

Times that the military discounts are advertised is around Veterans Memorial day anything

having a holiday with a military connection i.e. 4th of July - December 7th Pearl harbor.

Really disappointed that NCL does not emphasize this more and ALL THE TIME !

If it had not been for our service folk - cruising today maybe under a different flag !

... it is there in

another form with the over 55 senior discount - AARP membership not required.

When booking your cruise "ALWAYS" ask for the military/government discount !

Is this on select cruises? My PCC advises AARP discounts not available (I last received it about a year ago when booking my Nov, 2017 cruise) each time I book--I always inquire. Am I asking for the wrong discount?

I can't remember, does NCL offer military discount to vets or only to active duty? I believe those discounts are only on select cruises? Checking the box never seemed to show a difference in price.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

To the best of my memory, it is only active military. But it never hurts to ask. I used to have a back door address to a spreadsheet that showed a spreadsheet of cruises on which the discounts were available. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks, MagnoliaBlossom. Our memories agree. I think, from my research, it was CCL that offered vets the military discounts. I can research it further but appreciate your offer.

Last time we used a military discount on NCL, you just needed to have a DD214. So, you did not need to be active duty.

Thanks. DH definitely has that. I'll need to ask my PCC about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Really disappointed that NCL does not emphasize this more and ALL THE TIME !

If it had not been for our service folk - cruising today maybe under a different flag !

Thank you. NCL does not really make it clear on the military rates, it is not given as one of the options to check at the NCL site. I was pricing our booked cruise at a T/A site and the military box actually gave a small discount. But I wasn't sure if NCL would recognize this or if it was unique to that T/A. We have a pricey cruise booked but I am cheap at heart and always do everything I can to beat down our pricing before final payment lol.

We have cruised NCL many times, but not in the last two years and it seems like a lot has changed recently, thus my question.

To those who asked, husband is a veteran with DD214, not an actual retiree. We have received the military discount on various cruises, but not sure about NCL. With Memorial Day around the corner, I am watching.

I just got this response from my PCC, after emailing her a copy of DD214 (for the record--just as AARP number was noted on the account):

"Right now I do not have any Military Rates. But if/when we do then you need to bring documentation to the port when you check in."

Interesting.