Pearl to Alaska 6/4. What do you need to know?

loxley

I will be on the pearl the first wee of June.

Give me a list what you want to know and I will add it to my to do list.

First time as a handicapped cruiser, so I will not be doing any excursions, so I should have plenty of time to run around.

I already have a pretty extensive list, but I also have brain injury so have probably not thought of everything.

If there is something you need /want to know, just list it here and I will add it to the list.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks. I will enjoy my cruise, just thought I would have extra time to check things out while the rest of the party were off the ship and if I made a todo list, I can make a game of if it.

It's very nice of you to offer!

I'd love to get an idea of how long it takes to get off at each port. I usually don't get too concerned about it, but I'm bring a friend and it's her first cruise and I'm sure that'll be one of her questions.

Also, would like to know if O'Sheehan's has the new menus now? I was on the Pearl in Sept and Oct last year and they had the old menus. I missed the Thai chili wings!! :D

What do you need to know?

1 - Bring your passport.

2 - Know when boarding starts, and when it is too late to board.

3 - As to reading the dailies, I get that planners love to read them. But, on just about every cruise we have been on, we read them each night in our cabin. By the next morning, we have no idea what we read - LOL.

4 - Menus - they might change anyways, but here is what happens to us. At dinner time, we still do not know what we want to eat. LOL again!

Ok, but I have decided I will get off because I will be in a wheel chair and we will find out how long that would take. I will be sure to know about the wings as my son will probably order those if available.

Ok, but I have decided I will get off because I will be in a wheel chair and we will find out how long that would take. I will be sure to know about the wings as my son will probably order those if available.

No worries. I've cruised with a cane (pre total knee replacement) and it took me a bit longer to get off than when I had better mobility, so don't even concern yourself about that question. If you happen to notice what time they announce the ship is cleared for passengers to get off in port, that would be great. And, if you don't notice, no worries.

I didn't discover the wings on the Epic until about four days in to a 10-day cruise, but I had them everyday for the rest of the cruise! :D

I will be on the pearl the first wee of June.

Give me a list what you want to know and I will add it to my to do list.

First time as a handicapped cruiser, so I will not be doing any excursions, so I should have plenty of time to run around.

I already have a pretty extensive list, but I also have brain injury so have probably not thought of everything.

If there is something you need /want to know, just list it here and I will add it to the list.

I don't need anything but thought I'd tell you something I think you should experience. Looking at your schedule the evening after Glacier Bay would probably be a good time to do this: When it's sort of twilight out and the ship is underway for Ketchikan you'll be among many islands, large and small. Go to the Spinnaker Lounge (if nothing is going on...) and just sit so you can see where the ship is going. I did that one evening and there was only a few other people (6-8) there. The room was quiet with a very low instrumental music playing and nobody talking. You're moving through the islands and it looks like it will go on forever. Very surreal. Very relaxing. There might be other opportunities or no opportunities to do this at all but if I could do it again I'd do it in a heartbeat. It's nothing like anything else I've ever experienced. Totally cool. :cool:

You are such a saint! I am on this sailing for 2018. Getting married in Juneau! One thing I can't seem to find is a recent room service menu. We are cruising a mini suite but would love to have breakfast on our balcony on Glacier Bay, even if it costs a little extra. I've seen the newer ones posted for the away class ships, but like most things, haven't heard if Pearl is still using the old ones. :D Many thanks in advance!!! Enjoy your cruise!

I don't need anything but thought I'd tell you something I think you should experience. Looking at your schedule the evening after Glacier Bay would probably be a good time to do this: When it's sort of twilight out and the ship is underway for Ketchikan you'll be among many islands, large and small. Go to the Spinnaker Lounge (if nothing is going on...) and just sit so you can see where the ship is going. I did that one evening and there was only a few other people (6-8) there. The room was quiet with a very low instrumental music playing and nobody talking. You're moving through the islands and it looks like it will go on forever. Very surreal. Very relaxing. There might be other opportunities or no opportunities to do this at all but if I could do it again I'd do it in a heartbeat. It's nothing like anything else I've ever experienced. Totally cool. :cool:

Thanks for the idea.

You are such a saint! I am on this sailing for 2018. Getting married in Juneau! One thing I can't seem to find is a recent room service menu. We are cruising a mini suite but would love to have breakfast on our balcony on Glacier Bay, even if it costs a little extra. I've seen the newer ones posted for the away class ships, but like most things, haven't heard if Pearl is still using the old ones. :D Many thanks in advance!!! Enjoy your cruise!

I will be in an outside room, but I will get that room service menu.

... am on this sailing for 2018. ... We are cruising a mini suite but would love to have breakfast on our balcony on Glacier Bay, even if it costs a little extra. ..

Expect a change between now and then. Just sayin' -- LOL

P.S. When we cruise, I often scoot up to the buffet and make a big breakfast plate. Then put another plate over the top to keep it warm and bring to cabin for my bride. Works great.

Expect a change between now and then. Just sayin' -- LOL

P.S. When we cruise, I often scoot up to the buffet and make a big breakfast plate. Then put another plate over the top to keep it warm and bring to cabin for my bride. Works great.

Great idea! I wonder if I can convince the groom to do this :D

Are you actually getting married while on the port-of-call? That's awesome. Mazel-tov!!!