Turnaround time, Alaskan Brewery.

Mrs.Gosse

Hi friends, we are thinking about doing the glacier float trip at 730 that gets back at 1100. We were hoping to take the shuttle and tasting at the Alaskan Brewery. I was wondering if anyone has done this after and excursion and how long they spent there.

So basically how long was the entire experience between waiting on the shuttle, travel time, time at the brewery. We depart at 4 pm.

Thanks in advance. I have tried to search but I can never find anything on here.

There's a shuttle to the brewery? In Lemon Creek? I would like to know more about that. The brewery is only a bit over five miles out of Juneau proper so figure 15 minutes max each way - not counting waiting and loading time and other stops (if it does).

Hi friends, we are thinking about doing the glacier float trip at 730 that gets back at 1100. We were hoping to take the shuttle and tasting at the Alaskan Brewery. I was wondering if anyone has done this after and excursion and how long they spent there.

So basically how long was the entire experience between waiting on the shuttle, travel time, time at the brewery. We depart at 4 pm.

Thanks in advance. I have tried to search but I can never find anything on here.

https://alaskanbeer.com/visit/ an hour? In the past, you walked on a guided tour, but that stopped probably 4/5 years ago. Looks like it's just a tasting now (which was always there for free).

The shuttles have been running for several years, but the charge for tastings is new. :(

Problem you have is both of your tours leave from the Juneau dock area. It is more efficient to direct between the 2 if you are short on time.

Just a general comment- but the Mendenhall float tour is something I never recommend. Only a brief distant view of Mendenhall, rest of trip is trees and backyards with the glacier behind you. With it so costly, I find money is better spent elsewhere.

We bought our tickets and took the shuttle from the Alaska Brewery store on Franklin...the total cost for shuttle/tour/tasting was $15.00pp....No stops were made by the shuttle (but he did drive past and point out Costco)...total time from pickup to return was less than 1 1/2 hours...really could have been quicker.

https://alaskanbeer.com/visit/ an hour? In the past, you walked on a guided tour, but that stopped probably 4/5 years ago. Looks like it's just a tasting now (which was always there for free).

I think it's been longer than that. We were at the brewery as part of a Bike & Brew tour in 2009. We sat in a room with windows looking at brewing gear and someone talked to us, but there was no walk-through "tour".

I think it's been longer than that. We were at the brewery as part of a Bike & Brew tour in 2009. We sat in a room with windows looking at brewing gear and someone talked to us, but there was no walk-through "tour".

Oh boy, don't want to think how long ago it was then. :)

The "pay" tastings are a lot newer.