Viator

I've booked two different pre-cruise tours (~3 years apart) in Puerto Rico and really enjoyed the tours. I have another private tour booked for Dublin this May and would have no qualms booking other tours with them. When I have cancelled tours, my money was always promptly returned.

Do check your paperwork/voucher after booking. Sometimes you need to call the tour operator to confirm or arrange pickup details.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by JoyMouse

I use them on European land based vacations, all the time. As previously stated, I never have had a problem getting refunds when warranted. (I missed a tour in Venice and they refunded my money without incident). They are commonly large group tours but well organized and informative.

Once in Naples (for a Pompeii tour) the guide had two diverse groups combined in one. Half of us were English speaking and the other Spanish. He had to translate back and forth as we approached each area of interest. That was frustrating. Additionally, some of the Spanish speaking folks told me that he was leaving out a lot of the information when it came time to translate to English. They were really nice and tried to fill us in. If you can, try to get with a guide that only has to handle one language group.

Edited by roddy good boy

Anyone have any good, bad or mixed experiences booking tours through them? Looks like we could save a ton of money versus booking through norwegian but would love to hear some opinions

I used them and had no problems. Reasonable prices as well.

I just booked a tour with them for October. I found their website easy to use and their customer service (needed to ask a few questions) via phone was good .

I have used Viator and Tours by Locals for shore excursions. Great experience with both. You can usually see information on specific ports on CC, and many will include private tour information (both good and bad experiences), so I would check your particular port(s) on CC.

It is unfortunate that the ship's excursions have gotten so expensive. We are doing Alaska for the 3rd time and the prices have gone through the roof! (Although I think it is a factor of the local tour prices more than NCL's pricing) Even with the $50/port/stateroom bonus available, it does not come close to booking yourself! However, I have booked on my own before and ended up eating the cost when the ship changed the port time and there was a time change (Daylight savings time) that I didn't know about. Be forewarned. First time cruisers, I would recommend staying with the cruise ship tours, unless you are familiar with the area. :)

We used them last year. We had a 2 day post cruise stay in Barcelona and booked them for both days. We had a fabulous time. We will be using them again in London before our Jade cruise. Viator is, I believe, a part of Trip Advisor. I recommend them.

Since they're a booker and don't offer any tours, I've used them only for admission and skip-the-line tickets. I don't put much faith in the reviews on their site since the reviewers could be reviewing a completely different vendor than the one I'll end up with. One of the members of our roll call set up a tour for us through them--it looks like a good tour by the description but I'm hesitant to sign up since we don't know who the vendor is. That said, I did book a small-group tour for the Sistine Chapel and Vatican Museums through them, but they listed the name of the vendor so I was able to check them out.

It does appear that they're now related to Trip Advisor as many of the listings on TA show booking through Viator. But, I'm fine with it when I know who the vendor is and I can look at reviews and make an informed decision.

We have used Viator several times. Last time we were in Alaska, we booked a helicopter tour at a much lower price than through NCL. Same tour.

Next week, we leave for Alaska again and we have two more excursions booked through Viator. Can't wait.

Anyone have any good, bad or mixed experiences booking tours through them? Looks like we could save a ton of money versus booking through norwegian but would love to hear some opinions

We booked horseback ride and ATV at Mr Sacchos in Cozumel. When there was told no ATV that day. I called Viator and they quickly refunded ATV no problems. I will use them again in future.

Set up a tour with them in Barcelona for my parents and wished I'd know that they were just a broker service, I could have saved a bit more money by booking direct through the Catalon Cultural Ministry. The tour was nice they said, and they enjoyed it but I suppose it would all depend on the tour guide that day.