Celebrity lovers want to try Royal!

We mainly sail on Celebrity ships and are a couple who are 70 years young! We fancy trying the Allure in the Caribbean for 7 days next February and then joining a 7 day Celebrity sailing.

I was talking to a travel agent who said that the main difference between the two lines is that Royal Caribbean is more family orientated and that we will find many families on board. I mentioned that it will not be in school holidays and she said that it will make no difference. We love meeting people, shows and having fun, but really do not want to be on a ship full of kids for a week and that is why we do not travel during school holidays.

Are we choosing the wrong ship for our age group??

Thanks in advance

I just want to mention that if you are Elite (or higher) level on Celebrity, you can become Diamond level on Royal, which will give you some nice perks on Allure. Contact Royal's Crown & Anchor society with your Captain's Club number handy and they will immediately enroll you over the phone. Do this before you book your cruise on Royal so you can take advantage of the balcony discount. This also applies if you are Select level, which translates to Platinum on RC, though the RC perks are not quite the same, there is still a balcony discount.

Celebrity is our first choice line, and we just sailed on the Allure over spring break with our kids.

There were 1,900 kids onboard during that school holiday- so choose your dates wisely. I wouldn't suggest going in March, April, June, July, or August if you want to avoid kids.

January is a great time to go with few kids onboard. I think you'll like it and it's a good choice. Even with 1,900 kids onboard we were able to avoid them.

And we were pleasantly surprised by the service on Allure- it was better than our last Celebrity cruise!

We are Celebrity Elite+ and have sailed Allure and Oasis. The difference to us is night and day. Allure and Oasis are huge and have much to do, but for senior citizens can be quite much. I would definitely suggest you try Allure but as has been suggested choose your sailing time wisely. We did not notice to many children on either sailing. Celebrity is much more sophisticated and relaxing while our RCCL cruises had much better entertainment and more dining/drinking options. You will never know until you try. Take a chance and make your own decision.

We are booked on Empress and Majesty for out next 2 cruises, those being RCCL's smallest ships. Any cruise beats working or just sitting at home in our book. Patiently waiting for the deck plans for Celebrity EDGE to hit their website. I choose my cabin with great care and they have not released deck plans yet.

We mainly sail on Celebrity ships and are a couple who are 70 years young! We fancy trying the Allure in the Caribbean for 7 days next February and then joining a 7 day Celebrity sailing.

I was talking to a travel agent who said that the main difference between the two lines is that Royal Caribbean is more family orientated and that we will find many families on board. I mentioned that it will not be in school holidays and she said that it will make no difference. We love meeting people, shows and having fun, but really do not want to be on a ship full of kids for a week and that is why we do not travel during school holidays.

Thanks in advance

No- i think your age is fine- i mostly sail on Royal but have also sailed on Celebrity- Celebrity is definitely a step up i would say in my opinion, but that said, i do like Royal a lot and find pricing normally a little better. Also a plus is the Grandeur sails out of Baltimore which is 15 minutes car ride from my house sooooooooo- there you go. I am 61 and there are people both older and younger and seems to be a good mix. I also never travel during school holidays or the summer(except for Alaska) and have never felt there were too many kids on board. If there are, they must be very well-behaved because i have not really noticed. LOL

We mainly sail on Celebrity ships and are a couple who are 70 years young! We fancy trying the Allure in the Caribbean for 7 days next February and then joining a 7 day Celebrity sailing. I was talking to a travel agent who said that the main difference between the two lines is that Royal Caribbean is more family orientated and that we will find many families on board. I mentioned that it will not be in school holidays and she said that it will make no difference. We love meeting people, shows and having fun, but really do not want to be on a ship full of kids for a week and that is why we do not travel during school holidays. Are we choosing the wrong ship for our age group?? Thanks in advance
No- i think your age is fine- i mostly sail on Royal but have also sailed on Celebrity- Celebrity is definitely a step up i would say in my opinion, but that said, i do like Royal a lot and find pricing normally a little better. Also a plus is the Grandeur sails out of Baltimore which is 15 minutes car ride from my house sooooooooo- there you go. I am 61 and there are people both older and younger and seems to be a good mix. I also never travel during school holidays or the summer(except for Alaska) and have never felt there were too many kids on board. If there are, they must be very well-behaved because i have not really noticed. LOL

Thanks in advance

You're going in the wrong direction if you want a better experience. Why not move up to a premium line like Oceania where, among other included amenities you'd pay for on Celebrity, your cabin price covers airfare or an air credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No other cruise ship out there can offer the same kind of cruise as the Oasis or Quantum class ships. They are truly unique. I would say try it and see if it works for you. They are BIG for sure but broken into "neighborhoods" so you will frequently find yourself wondering where everyone is. I actually prefer the Freedom class for size but we are on Harmony in April 2018 because it is a change of pace and lots of fun. I just don't ever sit down on those ships because there is so much to do and see. (I am seriously ADD!) Please check in with your opinion when you are done.