Price drop AFTER final payment?

renaroo

Hi ren,

I used to do this all the time. Price would drop and I would email my TA and pay the difference between my price and the new price for the upgraded cabin. Not working right now. We have a cruise on the Equinox coming up in June and the prices have been falling; tried to upgrade to Concierge -- "nope, new bookings only!": this week, tried to upgrade to a Sunset Veranda -- "nope, new bookings only!"

Not sure if it's something new, or my booking is special. There are dozens of Concierge and Aqua Class cabins available, but the only way I can access them is to cancel the cruise (with all the penalties) and rebook.

Not a fan right now,

Kel:o

This is the way it is now with X - they are getting very strict about the new bookings only! Happened to us as well. Happening to many of my clients too.

Have to ever been on a Carnival cruise or are you just parroting what others say (who also probably never stepped foot on a Carnival ship)?

Why would you assume that I would comment about something I never experienced? Besides that, all I said was the booking came with a Carnival cruise. It was you who assumed the negative implication in the comment.

Why would you assume that I would comment about something I never experienced? Besides that, all I said was the booking came with a Carnival cruise. It was you who assumed the negative implication in the comment.

Um,. maybe because there are dozens of Celebrity cruisers who get their kicks dissing Carnival.

And your "that was enough for me" speaks volumes.

Um,. maybe because there are dozens of Celebrity cruisers who get their kicks dissing Carnival.

And your "that was enough for me" speaks volumes.

Just because "dozens of Celebrity cruisers" do something it was unfair to assume (in this case wrongly) that I was one of them . In my OP I stated simply it comes with a Carnival cruise. I didn't say anything positive or negative until replying to your post, assuming I had never cruised Carnival. I said I had been on 2 Carnival cruises and that was enough in reply to your post. Yes it speaks volumes, but nothing negative was said by me until you assumed the worst. I believe everyone on cruise critic is entitled to their opinions. The 2 Carnival cruises we took were gifted to us by my DH company. Even though we appreciated the gift, the experience left us realizing that we didn't care for the Carnival cruise experience. Subsequently when booking cruises we chose not to book with Carnival again. I never posted negatively. I believe we are entitled to make that choice. If you search out my previous posts, I believe in over 1,000 you won't find a single negative post about Carnival prior to your challenge to a single sentence stating the obvious, that an early Carnival booking comes with a Carnival cruise. It seems I apparently struck some kind of nerve with that comment, but up to that time I never said anything negative including the fact that I didn't care for Carnival. I cannot be responsible for the posts of others and just because others my have "dissed" Carnival my original post did nothing of the kind. You did that when you "assumed."

I have never got any adjustments or upgrades after final payment is paid on Celebrity. There are other cruise lines that adjust up until 7 days before embarkation. On my most recent cruise (not X) I got a cash refund, a big OBC, and 3 category upgrade. As a result, when thinking about future cruises, I will definitely look at pricing policy.

You got a cash refund, a big OBC and a 3 category upgrade. Ummmm. Exactly what cruise line was this?

I believe anything is possible, if you don't ask you don't get.

I always booked via a US travel agency until recently when UK prices became more competitive. About 18 months ago I had a reservation which dropped just over $1000 three weeks after final payment so I asked my US T/A if it was possible to have a refund or something to off-set this reduction. I believe that it certainly helped that I had two future cruises booked with Celebrity. Within a week my T/A informed me that I would get a refund of $500 and an increase of $450 to my current obc. Lucky maybe, as I said if you don't ask........

I believe anything is possible, if you don't ask you don't get.

I always booked via a US travel agency until recently when UK prices became more competitive. About 18 months ago I had a reservation which dropped just over $1000 three weeks after final payment so I asked my US T/A if it was possible to have a refund or something to off-set this reduction. I believe that it certainly helped that I had two future cruises booked with Celebrity. Within a week my T/A informed me that I would get a refund of $500 and an increase of $450 to my current obc. Lucky maybe, as I said if you don't ask........

That's been my theory, if you don't ask the answer is definitely no.