Singapore overnight; early departure next day?

Snuffie

we have an overnight in Singapore and wish to take an early morning flight the next morning which is disembarkation day. Princess website states to make flights after 1pm on disembarkation day for this cruise.

We have a 9am flight and wondering if we can disembark by 6am or earlier. If so what do we need to do onboard or before we cruise to arrange early disembarkation,etc that will assure we get off ship early? We are in a full suite.

Thank you for insight.

If you have an overseas flight at 9am you will have to be at Changi no later than 7am. Personally I would debark on the first day and stay at an airport hotel overnight. Again that would have to be arranged with Princess.

Called Princess today. First they read from the disembarkation info for Singapore that says you may disembark any time after 6 hours of arrival on first day. Then the rep said it's up to the captain when you can disembark. Then she called their help line and said we could disembark at 6am carrying our own luggage. Evidently their answers may not be accurate. I'll call again tomorrow and then next day etc. I also question the availability of customs at that time in the morning as mentioned by the last post above.

Thanks all.

You could email Marina Bay and ask them what hours customs and immigration keep during these overnight situations.

https://mbccs.com.sg/

I wouldn't be surprised if they were manned 24hrs.

Everyone has to go through immigration even on port day transit stops.

If they weren't manned 24 hrs, the ship would have to have a "curfew" for everyone to be back onboard by a certain time otherwise they would be stuck landside.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

If you have to disembark on day one and stay in a hotel I can recommend the hotel within the airport. It is one floor above the departure lounges. We stayed there a few years ago. It is like a normal motel room with its own bathroom, but no windows. We had 8 or 9 hours lay-over between flights and this hotel was brilliant. It was fairly inexpensive and we did not waste time in a shuttle bus as we had on a previous occasion.

If you have to disembark on day one and stay in a hotel I can recommend the hotel within the airport. It is one floor above the departure lounges. We stayed there a few years ago. It is like a normal motel room with its own bathroom, but no windows. We had 8 or 9 hours lay-over between flights and this hotel was brilliant. It was fairly inexpensive and we did not waste time in a shuttle bus as we had on a previous occasion.

A disadvantage with using a transit hotel is that they are in the departure area - you will have had to have checked in and gone through immigration to get to the area. As the flight is not till the next day you won't be able to check in this early I would think. The transit hotels are designed for people who are between flights. Costs are calculated on a minimum number of hours and then extra time is paid by the hour.

I would suggest the Crowne Plaza Hotel at the airport if you need to stay overnight. Personally I would try to disembark on the first day as I think it is cutting it very fine to leave the next day. All you need is a problem with immigration to hold you up and you will miss the plane.