Private Tours Anyone used The Travel Insiders?

Fozwald

We are planning our shore excursions for our Mediterranean cruise in August and have come across a company called The Travel Insiders who offer private and semi private tours on Santorini and Athens.

Am interested is anyone has previous experience with this company and their thoughts.

Cheers Peter

There are some reviews on TripAdvisor. Just read carefully when booking tours in Greece. Some of them are only providing a driver, such as this company in Athens. You'll have to pay extra for a licensed guide.

I've booked with http://santorini-private-guide.com for a private tour in Santorini. They get get very good reviews.

I have had a very good experience last year with the company in Katakolon, taking their Best of Olympia tour. They are a new company, very flexible and responsive. We were a party of 11 with teenagers. The van was new, clean and comfortable. They were quite clear that a licensed guide for the site of Olympia would cost extra, we opted not to take this but did get a friendly and informative commentary on the way from one of the company reps which we were more than happy with. I would certainly recommend them here, though I cannot comment on Santorini.

I have booked PK tours in Athens.. yes, drivers are not guides. You must pay additional for a licensed guide which we opted to. Not cheap, but we are with another couple so cuts cost by half.