When will Westerdam be decorated for X-mas?

rubrrick

My DW and I head out on the December 4th sailing of the Westerdam. Will the holiday decorations be out?

Our first sailing together was on the old Pacific Princess, actually being aboard over Christmas. The ship was beautifully decorated. It really put us into the holiday spirit.

Can anyone that can shead light on this subject? Thanks.:)

Rick

Don't know the schedule, but on the Dec. 5 cruise last year they were just getting the Christmas decorations ready to be set up as we were disembarking. Of course, decorations everywhere seem to get earlier every year. It used to be the stores decorated after Thanksgiving; now it seems to be anytime after Halloween.

I do not know for sure when they start but I think it is a process and does not happen all at once.

Last year we were on the Zaandam for Christmas. We watched the holiday decorators who had boarded at Port Canaveral assemble and place the decorations and tree in the Explorers Lounge. I do think some of the decorations were up for the previous cruise, but they were completed as we waited to go to sea.

My DW and I head out on the December 4th sailing of the Westerdam. Will the holiday decorations be out?

Can anyone that can shead light on this subject? Thanks.:)

Rick

I can only tell you how it was on our 2 weeks on the Oosterdam in Dec. 2003. We boarded on 12/7 and that first week there were no holiday decorations at all. When we left FLL on 12/14 for the 2nd week of our b2b, there were some decorations being put up and a few small trees done that week, but certainly not the complete decorations that would be up the next 2 weeks.

The majority of the Christmas decorations, however, must not have been done until the week of the 21st. Considering that they would then be up through the New Years cruise I can see why the ship is not fully decorated until the week of the actual Christmas cruise, so they remain fresh.

Last year, we sailed the Westerdam on December 12-19. The ship was being decorated as we boarded and by the end of the day there were numerous trees and holiday decorations all around. I wouldn't expect to see the ship decorated any earlier this year, sorry.

Happy cruising,

Susan

Guest Celestia
I'd hope that Christmas decorating will start no earlier than a week before the actual Christmas sailing.

Already we're bombarded by carols and decorations - much as I love the season, afraid I'm tired of it all before it arrives.:rolleyes:

I'm afraid I have to say I hope so also. Some of us do not celebrate Christmas and while I do love to see childrens' delight at the holidays and so on, I am so very tired of having it inflicted upon me from the end of October forward.

We're on a late Nov. sailing next year and I hope the ship will be decorated wonderfully for those for whom this is a happy time of year....after our 15 day sailing.

FW&FS,

Celestia

Last week when we were getting off the Statendam, and they were preparing the ship for the 23-day cruise to Auckland, NZ, I noticed boxes being delivered with notations "-----(various areas of ships) tree and ornaments" so think that the preparations had been done in San Diego and were just going on to the ship.

Archived