Warnemunde to Rostock by train - tickets, station names, etc.

Hello,

I downloaded an app to my phone called DB Navigator as suggested in another post. I was trying to look up the "Plan your trip" area but there are several stations in both Warnemunde and Rostock so I am not sure which to choose in planning.

Also, someone mentioned you could purchase tickets good for 24 hours of train travel ahead of time so I am interested in learning about this as well. One website I saw mentioned a "group" ticket for up to 5 passengers. We have 4 in our group so is that a better option? I remember when we went to Italy some of the websites with online tickets were charging a "surcharge" but the regular trenatalia website did not do that so if there is a better site for ticket purchase that would be good to know.

I want to spend time in both of these cities - taking photos, shopping, having a nice lunch. If anyone has restaurant recommendations for Rostock I would be interested in that as well. Something mid-range with good German food and beer/wine.

We will be on the Norwegian Getaway docking on September 11th. We are in port until 10:00 PM that night. I am wondering how long the shops will be open in Warnemunde that day at that time of year?

Thanks in advance for any info.

:)

According to the port's calendar it appears that you will be docking at 0700. There is a website that should answer all of your questions. Just look through previous threads in this forum, The train runs from Warnemunde (where you will be docked, not Warnemunde Werft) to Rostock Hbf approximately every fifteen minutes.

Hello,

I downloaded an app to my phone called DB Navigator as suggested in another post. I was trying to look up the "Plan your trip" area but there are several stations in both Warnemunde and Rostock so I am not sure which to choose in planning.

Also, someone mentioned you could purchase tickets good for 24 hours of train travel ahead of time so I am interested in learning about this as well. One website I saw mentioned a "group" ticket for up to 5 passengers. We have 4 in our group so is that a better option? I remember when we went to Italy some of the websites with online tickets were charging a "surcharge" but the regular trenatalia website did not do that so if there is a better site for ticket purchase that would be good to know.

I want to spend time in both of these cities - taking photos, shopping, having a nice lunch. If anyone has restaurant recommendations for Rostock I would be interested in that as well. Something mid-range with good German food and beer/wine.

We will be on the Norwegian Getaway docking on September 11th. We are in port until 10:00 PM that night. I am wondering how long the shops will be open in Warnemunde that day at that time of year?

Thanks in advance for any info.

:)

Hi, I think you will find the information you require re Warnemuende and Rostock on my website

http://www.travelanni.webs.com

Or on the thread 'Welcome to NE Germany, happy to help you enjoy' as well as several others on this forum.

Warnemuende is a seaside suburb of the city of Rostock and to travel between the cruise terminal and the city centre only requires a local train and tram ride, 25 mins costing 2.10 euros. The tickets cannot be bought in advance.

Most shops close at 6pm although some stay open later in the holiday season.

Happy cruising :)

Anni

http://www.travelanni.webs.com