SCandanavia and St Petersburg Cruise

Jabbathehut

we are going a week tomorrow and I am frantic about what to pack for the weather

Has anybody been ? Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated ,I don't need stress I am a subarachnoid haemorrhage survivor

Many thanks in advance

JTH

X

we are going a week tomorrow and I am frantic about what to pack for the weather

Has anybody been ? Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated ,I don't need stress I am a subarachnoid haemorrhage survivor

Many thanks in advance

JTH

X

JTH: strongly suggest you go to the weather channel on your computer and type in each of the ports you'll be visiting and save them as favorites....then you can check the weather today, and next week.

PS: I'm doing this same cruise in August. Have a great time.

JTH: strongly suggest you go to the weather channel on your computer and type in each of the ports you'll be visiting and save them as favorites....then you can check the weather today, and next week.

PS: I'm doing this same cruise in August. Have a great time.

Many thanks and may you also

I'm so excited I really love the history of the Romanovs

Hx

The weather in this part of the world is very changeable, so you need layers and a waterproof coat with hood. Look at the weather forecasts to see what the forecasts are.

We went mid September and it was very hot, but in May I think it is more likely to rain.

We did this cruise last year, same timeframe..layers, hooded rain jacket, long pants. We got lucky one of two days and we're able to wear long or short sleeved tees during the day.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are also going with you on thethe same cruise we have packed today we didnt know what to pack. We have packed for all weather i hope we have some fine days. I have been watching weather there seems to to be alot of rain. Its a bit early yet to get an accurate forecast. Getting quite excited as we have never been on celebrity

As others have said, pack layers. Typical weather in that part of the world this time of the year can range from temps in the 40s up to 70s all in one day. We did it two years ago in late May into June and pretty much wore long pants and long sleeves most days. Rain coat that packs up small is a must, you just never know when rain can pop up with all of that ocean moisture around you. It is a wonderful trip, layer up and enjoy it.

We were on May 14 cruise last year. We got there 3 day early and weather was great 75 degrees and clear. On May 14 cruise day at 5pm it was light rain and 49 degrees. Light rain on 1st day in St. Petersberg. Like the others check weather (10 day forecast) for each port before leaving. May is a roll of the dice.

Many thanks and may you also

I'm so excited I really love the history of the Romanovs

Hx

OH! A kindred soul....I named one of my daughters Anastasia!!! We've been to Russia before and loved it....can't wait to go to St. Pete again, although heartbroken to discover our favorite restaurant, the Soviet Café, appears to be gone.

Many thanks in advance

JTH

X

Hi

We did that cruise last June, the weather was very mixed, so i suggest you pack layers, make sure you have a water proof coat. On a few days at sea the weather was disappointing and we did not get to spend much time on deck. The trip however was brilliant and we would go again.

Irene

Agree / currently onboard the Baltics cruise and definitely layers : shirts/ sweater / jackets/ gloves and hat / toques. Celebrity stores sold a lot of lined jackets onboard for $40-$50 each to guests that were chilly. The warmest day was last Sunday in Amsterdam at 16C and today in Helsinki about 14C but the cool morning breeze is what gets to you!

FYI Russian immigration and return to ship was an hour each way on day 1 and 2 min on day 2 in St. Petersburg. Day 1 we all arrive at once and slow processing even with 30 passport officers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did ours in early July and weather ranged from high 50s to around 70. We were very lucky and got very little rain and a lot of sun, especially in St Petersburg. Looking back, this could have been the best itinerary I have ever done.