Live Trip Report (sort of) - Allure of the Seas, May 14, 2017

This is my first ever trip report - so I'll do my best - but I can warn now it won't be nearly as good as the one CkRobyn just did for Allure ;)

I am also Robyn with a "y". Traveling with DH and DS 9 (10 in July) and DD (just turned 7). This will be our second time on an Oasis class ship - we were on Oasis last year and really looking forward to Allure. The kids sail free promotion made this an opportunity we couldn't pass up.

So, I'lol try to review / answer questions of what it's like for a family with young(er) kids. I can tell you now we will *not* be trying to do everything. We want to relax, see what we see, do what we can - and just enjoy. We learned last year that our kids (not all kids - but definitely ours) just couldn't handle all of the the late nights. So, we're probably looking at a lot of nights being in the room by 9 and just enjoying our balcony. so, if you can already tell this may be boring, I'll understand 😂 Happy o answer anything I can about the ship though and this itinerary - Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Kitts.

So, getting started. The last week has been crazy with work, DH out of town and personaL obligations. Finally (over)packed this morning 😁 3:30 flight out of rainy Philadelphia - it was a dreary, wet day at home. We flew American down to Ft. Lauderdale.

The travel g-ds were shining dune on us today. Car was packed, goose was as cleaned up as it was going to be after frantically packing and needing to get us all out the door. So, the car was packed - we stopped by to see my mom on the way to the airport to give cards and Mother's Day gift - and off we went. Took us about 40 mins to get to the offsite parking place. Easily checked in and were on our way within minutes to the airport. They drove us there in our own car. Probably got there around 1:45 and we were checked in and through security by 2:05. It was insane!

Waited around and finally got on the flight to FLL. Turbulence was the worst I've ever experienced. I'm not a nervous flyer, but even i didn't like it. People behind us screamed a few times (in fear). I wanted to console them - but hard to do - I felt bad seeing them so upset.

We saw our bags as soon as we got to baggage claim. Side, found the waiting spot for the hotel shuttle and it arrived within minutes of us getting to the stop!

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency 17th street. Thanks to these boards, got a great d al on valuetrips.com. It was a very short ride from the airport and quick check in. We dropped our bags and walked over to the Harbor Shops for dinner. Lots of choices - we went to Gilberts 17th Street Grill which seemed to rate pretty well on yelp. An easy and short walk. The burgers were great, as described.

During dinner, we realized we somehow failed to pack pj's for DS. So, after dinner, DD and I walked over to TJMaxx (same complex) to buy him shorts and a shirt for sleep (sharing To help anyone else that may be staying around here). There is also a publix (we picked up a case of water to bring on the ship) and a Total Wines. (Sadly we did not stop, as at this point we really needed to get back and get the kids to bed.

We stayed at this hotel last year too, but got here too late to see the area at all - so I was glad we could go this tonight.

Now it's 10:30 - and I'm gong to try and get my family moving in the am to be at the pier between 11 and 11:30. Breakfast is included here too so I'll update more tomorrow. But for anyone looking - free airport shuttle, pullout sofa, fridge in every room and good price - we are paying $109/night plus fees - seems like a good place to stay pre cruise.

Night all (or anyone? :) ) - Happy Mothers Day!

I was about to go into withdrawal pains as ckrobyn disembarks tomorrow and I still have two weeks until I embark. While yours is the other Eastern itinerary, I'm looking forward to following along with your review.

And Happy Mother's Day to you too! What a great way to celebrate it!

~ Judy

I was about to go into withdrawal pains as ckrobyn disembarks tomorrow and I still have two weeks until I embark. While yours is the other Eastern itinerary, I'm looking forward to following along with your review.

And Happy Mother's Day to you too! What a great way to celebrate it!

~ Judy

Awesome!! Glad I to assist - now you just need a review from 5/21 - and thank you!!

Great start! Looking forward to your live updates and enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much!!

So, I shoyuld probably add that mist of these posts will be done typing me handed on my iPad mini - so though I try to avoid / catch typos, between auto correcting and my time / ability - there will be some typos. (But will do my best!). Writing his "live" because if I plan to do it when I get back, I know it will never happen - and/or I'll forget stuff. Sort of live b/c I doubt I'll be as prolific as ckrobyn - whose position s I have really enjoyed this week!

We got the two-device internet sale. Me kicking myself for not ordering it when a sale was offered months ago for 30% off - not knowing I wouldn't see that price again - and there was a price increase!!

Got the two device package this time do DH and I could text each other. Last time, it was rally hard with one internet service - we liked to split up, but then found it somewhat too go to coordinate. I will be much happier with the ability to iMessage :)

And yes it's vacation - but I find it less stressful to keep an eye on work for anything that comes up - than to have no access. Checking just a little bit keeps me more calm. Plus - I like having internet access for social media, news, etc

So, that about describes it. Couldn't sleep so back here I came. Going to need to find a set of ear plugs so I can sleep on this trip. I love my DH, but somehow, the hotel room/ air conditioning makes him congested. For his well being and my own - I need to find a way to sleep through his snoring. Thankfully my kids can - because we can't all be cranky from lack of sleep :D

I wished I had seen this sooner. You need to get a "white noise" sound machine. Walmart sells inexpensive ones, but they work. I use them every night to be able to sleep through the moose sounds lying next to me. I do have a very good one from Bed Bath and Beyond but for travel the inexpensive Walmart one does great. Enjoy your cruise I will be following closely. We love the Oasis class ships.

This is my first ever trip report - so I'll do my best - but I can warn now it won't be nearly as good as the one CkRobyn just did for Allure ;)

I am also Robyn with a "y". Traveling with DH and DS 9 (10 in July) and DD (just turned 7). This will be our second time on an Oasis class ship - we were on Oasis last year and really looking forward to Allure. The kids sail free promotion made this an opportunity we couldn't pass up.

So, I'lol try to review / answer questions of what it's like for a family with young(er) kids. I can tell you now we will *not* be trying to do everything. We want to relax, see what we see, do what we can - and just enjoy. We learned last year that our kids (not all kids - but definitely ours) just couldn't handle all of the the late nights. So, we're probably looking at a lot of nights being in the room by 9 and just enjoying our balcony. so, if you can already tell this may be boring, I'll understand [emoji23] Happy o answer anything I can about the ship though and this itinerary - Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Kitts.

Have fun Robyn. I followed CkRobyn last week. Im on Allure next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry for your hard plane ride. At least you'r in Florida safe and sound and now can enjoy the amazing Allure. We were on it April of last year with kids and loved it. Glad to follow along. Enjoy your cruise!

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency 17th street. Thanks to these boards, got a great d al on valuetrips.com. It was a very short ride from the airport and quick check in. We dropped our bags and walked over to the Harbor Shops for dinner. Lots of choices - we went to Gilberts 17th Street Grill which seemed to rate pretty well on yelp. An easy and short walk. The burgers were great, as described.

During dinner, we realized we somehow failed to pack pj's for DS. So, after dinner, DD and I walked over to TJMaxx (same complex) to buy him shorts and a shirt for sleep (sharing To help anyone else that may be staying around here). There is also a publix (we picked up a case of water to bring on the ship) and a Total Wines. (Sadly we did not stop, as at this point we really needed to get back and get the kids to bed.

We stayed at this hotel last year too, but got here too late to see the area at all - so I was glad we could go this tonight.

Now it's 10:30 - and I'm gong to try and get my family moving in the am to be at the pier between 11 and 11:30. Breakfast is included here too so I'll update more tomorrow. But for anyone looking - free airport shuttle, pullout sofa, fridge in every room and good price - we are paying $109/night plus fees - seems like a good place to stay pre cruise.

that is a great rate for the hotel. Looking forward to your review.

I know this is a silly question, but are you sure you were at the Hyatt REGENCY? I ask because ValueTrips books the Hyatt PLACE and the location and being so close to the Harbor Shops mall, it sure sounds to me like the Hyatt Place. That's where we have stayed many times and will be again. The hotel rate is also that of the Hyatt Place. I have never seen the Hyatt Regency on ValueTrips.

I know this is a silly question, but are you sure you were at the Hyatt REGENCY? I ask because ValueTrips books the Hyatt PLACE and the location and being so close to the Harbor Shops mall, it sure sounds to me like the Hyatt Place. That's where we have stayed many times and will be again. The hotel rate is also that of the Hyatt Place. I have never seen the Hyatt Regency on ValueTrips.

Yes, we were at Hyatt Place 😂 Sorry about that - I may have been typing about the hotel in a state of delirium last night 😂

Waiting now to depart. Muster drill ran very smoothly and I thought the video was well done and really cute, actually.

I couldn't believe how quickly we were on the ship. It was about 50 minutes from the time we were picked up by Uber till the time we were crossing the gangway. We went straight to Sorrentos, a favorite from the Oasis. Rooms weren't ready yet so we walked around a bit - got ice cream - of course! - registered at the kids club - and we had access to the rooms shortly after 1. Bags were there not too much later - probably by 1:45. Hubby and the kids went to make our dining reservation, purchase on alcoholic drink package (I thought DH was getting the soda package or I would have ordered it in advance).

I unpacked a lot - but I definitely brought too much stuff. The room

Is a nice size - but missing the balcony we had last year on Oasis (I think it was 6228) - last aft balcony so we had a clear back wall and could see the wake. Missing that - we're in a middle balcony - more aft - on deck 12. More later - still waiting for sail away and getting ready for dinner.

My Time Dining in American Icon. We made our reservation when we got on the ship and practically walked right in.

Tonight's theme is mojo - will try and post a pic later tonight (when I figure out how to do it on the website from my phone ;-) )

Have a great vacation! Some of us would love to see the compasses for this itinerary if it is possible to photo them or scan them when you get back. But, don't let that interfere with your vacation! Enjoy!