Driving to port canaveral

Im driving to the port & will be parking there .I will be going on the Oasis & I hear that the lines can get long getting to the parking terminal garage can anyone tell if this is true & what is the best time to head to the terminal

There are places where you can park and cruise for cheaper than at the pier. They have shuttles that take you to the pier and then pick you up. We usually do that - less expensive and easier. Google "park and cruise port canaveral."

Our cruse was on 4/23-30. We got to the parking garage around 11:10 and not too many cars in the lines and it was the best time because the people from previous cruise just left and plenty spaces on the 2nd level.

Expect to wait some to check in if you are not Emerald or up because the Oasis is large with so many people.

Enjoy your cruise.

I wait until after 1

all the departing are well gone

all the early ME FIRST are on board

I can go from parking to drink in hand in about 30 minutes .... usually able to go straight to room to drop carry on

no lines

Im driving to the port & will be parking there .I will be going on the Oasis & I hear that the lines can get long getting to the parking terminal garage can anyone tell if this is true & what is the best time to head to the terminal

We have always booked through park n'go (https://bookparkngo.com/ftlauderdale2.php). excellent service, $7.99 if you pay online, $12.00 at the lot. Pick up on return was fast as well.

There are places where you can park and cruise for cheaper than at the pier. They have shuttles that take you to the pier and then pick you up. We usually do that - less expensive and easier. Google "park and cruise port canaveral."

We have done both and we find that we would rather pay the slightly greater charge and be able to get to our car right away when we get off the ship at the end of the week. Of course, no one ever wants to think about getting off the ship before they ever get on the ship but for us, we have found after several cruises that we don't particularly care for having to wait for the shuttles.

Let me bring up a couple of other points. If you are staying at a hotel, a lot of them offer packages where you can stay parked at your hotel for the time you are on the cruise and they have shuttles that will take you over.

We last stayed at the La Quinta that has a bunch of NASA memorabilia (last stay in 2015), and we booked a package that gave us a parking voucher. It did save us some money. I can't recall how much right now. It was a very clean room and we would definitely stay there again. They have packages with parking vouchers for the port and also a "park at the hotel and take a shuttle." So whatever you prefer.

We have always booked through park n'go (https://bookparkngo.com/ftlauderdale2.php). excellent service, $7.99 if you pay online, $12.00 at the lot. Pick up on return was fast as well.

MSCruiselover- Park and Go is great at Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades but this cruiser is traveling from Port Canaveral. Are you able to book Park & Go for Port Canaveral through the Ft. Lauderdale site? If so, this is something I never knew about before.

I wait until after 1

all the departing are well gone

all the early ME FIRST are on board

I can go from parking to drink in hand in about 30 minutes .... usually able to go straight to room to drop carry on

no lines

I concur. Hate to wait for cabin.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We also have stayed at the NASA La Quinta a couple of years ago and they offered a rate that included a 40% off parking voucher. I looked into it for our Oasis sailing next month and on the Port Canaveral website, where they used to list the hotels participating, says they no longer are offering that program. We also like to get in our car and get on the road.