Jewel of the Seas - recent reports?

We did the speed boat over to Oia, and it had a bus transfer back to Fira. I would recommend this because Oia is a nicer view and shopping experience than Fira. Note that prices in Santorini and Mykonos were much higher than they were in Rhodes. Do your shopping there!

The line for the cable cars was long when returning, so my sons and I walked down the hill (20 minutes) steep, slippery and manure covered and you have to jump out of the way of the unattended donkeys coming back up the hill. My wife and daughter rode the donkeys down and were fine.

If I ever go back to Santorini, I won't get off the ship. too much hassle factor!

thanks for the compasses. I love researching before travelling, and have had a hard time finding recent information about the ship. From the info found here, I wonder why we would leave the ship at all :-)

As for Santorini, I've been reading about the "speed boat" trip over to Oia, and taking the bus back to Fira. Did any of you do that? Also, someone posted that we seem to be lucky and only share the port with one other ship and thats leaving when we arrive, so I hope the queuing isn't too bad.

From what I've read Jewel attracts an older crowd, but what your expereince about that - my boys are 11 and 13 and quite sociable, and loves making new friends in the pool! If anyone has any experience with tweens/teens? Maybe even a copy of a recent kid cruise compass?

cb27408b64cd2d48e33008d8e7fcb98a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

The cruise going well? Any other tips you've gathered so far?

Andrew Jackson is the 7th president; Thriller is the best selling album and Micky Mouse was originally called Mortimer [emoji56][emoji6] from

The poolside quiz!!!

They were offering 30% off Chops last night. No specialty restaurant has been busy.

Cable car in Santorini now €6pp e/w.

Only ship in harbour today!!

Thanks for the updates. Do they still do have a pre-arrival meetup to hand out tender tickets for those not on a tour?

Hi guys, what time do you suggest boarding the cruise ship from Rome? I'm trying to decide if we should get there by 11 am or if we have time to stay in Rome a little longer. It departs at 5 pm and check in is 11:30-3:30.

Thank for the quick reply! Leaving for my trip in a few hours!

We were here by noon and on board in 30 mins max

On the motorway drive down from Rome watch out for the prostitutes on the side of the motorway.....no kidding..... [emoji6]

traffic! there is really only one road to go to the port. part is a tollway. and the direction of the port is direction to the beaches. the later you go the more likely you are to get into traffic tie ups. your cabin won't be ready till about 1 pm but you can explore the ship and eat, use the pool....

We did the speed boat over to Oia, and it had a bus transfer back to Fira. I would recommend this because Oia is a nicer view and shopping experience than Fira. Note that prices in Santorini and Mykonos were much higher than they were in Rhodes. Do your shopping there!

The line for the cable cars was long when returning, so my sons and I walked down the hill (20 minutes) steep, slippery and manure covered and you have to jump out of the way of the unattended donkeys coming back up the hill. My wife and daughter rode the donkeys down and were fine.

If I ever go back to Santorini, I won't get off the ship. too much hassle factor!

Hey,

Just wondering how much was the speed boat and bus back to Fira, where about did you get the boat and how long did you spend in Oia before heading back?

Stacey

I read that there is a pizzaria on board on one page, but not another. I guess there is pizza at the windjammer, but what else? What kinda of (free) food can you get outsider the wj and the mdr?

There are late night pizza slices in the Solarium.

In guessing the kids are allowed to go there to get the food, even if the pool is off limits.

I saw in an older review there used to be a cafe on one if the top decks - did that dissappear with the refurbishment?

Also, the freestyle soda machines, are they only in the windjammer?

Lastly, for now at least, are there icecream Available by the pool?

God i can't wait now. Embarking in a month and a day, and spend way too much time reading about cruising instead of doing actual work :D

In guessing the kids are allowed to go there to get the food, even if the food is off limits.

I saw in an older review there used to be a cafe on one if the top decks - did that dissappear with the refurbishment? ...

Kids are allowed to get food in the Solarium, but they cannot get in the pool or use any loungers.

The "free" food venue outside was replaced by the pay food venue Izumi. Funny how they had enough money to create more pay venues, but they just could not bring themselves to convert the Solarium food venue into Park Cafe as they had on the other Radiance class ships.

496e0323a23e7dfd68fe174cedf56352.jpg

Here you go! Pic taken a minute ago as I went for the chicken wrap (delicious and very spicy today!). Also hot dogs and some salad served in addition to my earlier list

Ice cream machine in WJ right side

Coke Machine in WJ left side.

God i can't wait now. Embarking in a month and a day, and spend way too much time reading about cruising instead of doing actual work :D

Zutcorp,

Looks like you are on the July 2 sailing then, correct?

I see you haven't participated on the Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2324509&page=7

But, perhaps you could do us a favor...

Go here:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccSearch.do

...and register for the "Meet & Mingle"...

We are at 24 registrants now...and need 25 in order that Royal Caribbean sets it up and hosts it for us...

You don't have to go if you don't want...but it's a nice little get together where you can meet other Cruise Critic posters who are on the cruise...probably held that first at sea morning...

Going to have to make it a priority to visit that, then. Sounds great.

I read somewhere that some of the cakes and desserts at the coffee is free too...

Yes all cakes, cookies and sandwiches in the coffee shop on 5 are free

Zutcorp,

Looks like you are on the July 2 sailing then, correct?

I see you haven't participated on the Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2324509&page=7

But, perhaps you could do us a favor...

Go here:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccSearch.do

...and register for the "Meet & Mingle"...

We are at 24 registrants now...and need 25 in order that Royal Caribbean sets it up and hosts it for us...

You don't have to go if you don't want...but it's a nice little get together where you can meet other Cruise Critic posters who are on the cruise...probably held that first at sea morning...

Already there, just haven't posted a lot. Got my answers here. Lets hope for one more for the meet and greet