Just booked RCI for first time since 1998 on the Oasis, what should I know?

We have been cruising for over 20 years and 16 of them were on Carnival. We took 2 RCI cruises back in the late 90's and have decided to give RCI a run once again on the Oasis of the Seas. Is there anything we should know as far as things that might be drastically different then what we've gotten overly used to at Carnival or what things should we most look forward to that are better or different?

Is there anything we should know about show booking and such? I know this is not a thing on Carnival but I have heard it is on royal, I just want to make sure we do not miss anything spectacular.

We have booked an Owners Suite on the Oasis, is there anything that would come with this that would help with the booking of anything on board? I am not familiar with the naming conventions Royal uses vs Carnival so I am unfamiliar with what some of things it includes is really saying lol.

Thank you!

Use your Cruise Planner on Royal's website to book all the shows that are available. This will ensure you can get into the show venue early for the best seat selection.

The Owner's Suite is a Sky Class Suite. See suite perks here:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/16049781_RSC_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Use your Cruise Planner on Royal's website to book all the shows that are available. This will ensure you can get into the show venue early for the best seat selection.

The Owner's Suite is a Sky Class Suite. See suite perks here:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/16049781_RSC_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Awesome thank you so much for this information! It looks like I have to wait a few months to book stuff based on this so everything is good to go for now!

As clarea pointed out, use the cruise planner.

You will want to book all your shows/comedy/etc. ahead of time. Doesn't mean you HAVE to go at those times, but just book when you think you'll want to go. It's free to reserve. And it's really nice when you can show up and just walk in and not wait in a big line. Comedy is small, so without a reservation, you may not get in at all, FYI.

Like Carnival, you can do stand-by and hang out in a long line, but reservations are just so much better, and again, it's free, so why wouldn't you?

I think you'll find the experience on Oasis, especially in Sky Class, is superior to anything Carnival has.

As clarea pointed out, use the cruise planner.

You will want to book all your shows/comedy/etc. ahead of time. Doesn't mean you HAVE to go at those times, but just book when you think you'll want to go. It's free to reserve. And it's really nice when you can show up and just walk in and not wait in a big line. Comedy is small, so without a reservation, you may not get in at all, FYI.

Like Carnival, you can do stand-by and hang out in a long line, but reservations are just so much better, and again, it's free, so why wouldn't you?

I think you'll find the experience on Oasis, especially in Sky Class, is superior to anything Carnival has.

Awesome thank you for that advice! There just seems to be a lot of things to do on RCI ships in general, even the non oasis class ships. Carnival does not seem to be able to keep up in the things to do area compared to this.

How many different shows or items will I need to reserve a time for on the Oasis?

Awesome thank you for that advice! There just seems to be a lot of things to do on RCI ships in general, even the non oasis class ships. Carnival does not seem to be able to keep up in the things to do area compared to this.

How many different shows or items will I need to reserve a time for on the Oasis?

If you open cruise planner and go to "entertainment" - it's all there. It's really quite easy. Just "Add To Cart" the shows and it'll give you dates and times. So how many? I would book them all for times you think are might be likely to go. We just booked all of our shows for an upcoming Harmony (Oasis sister ship) cruise. We thought it was fun planning it out.

There is quite a few shows on Oasis. AquaTheater, Ice show, multiple main theater shows, and comedy. All of them are "can't miss" and a huge step up from anything you have seen on Carnival. You can also book sushi making classes, wine stuff, etc. Just browse around the cruise planner and see what you want to do.

... How many different shows or items will I need to reserve a time for on the Oasis?

Oasis of Dreams , Headliner, Comedy. Frozen in Time, Come Fly With Me, CATS

Note that you will only be able to reserve one performance of each show. For example, there are over 10 different comedy show performances, however they are basically the same comedian(s), doing the same matierial, so you can only reserve one.

How much ahead of time can you reserve?

Definitely not 18 months in advance, but keep checking on the website. I think it was 6 months out on my last Oasis trip.

Someone will know and report back.

Also, keep an eye on the Meet and Mingle related to the specific cruise you're going on.

If you're interested in getting a cabana at Labadee go for it well worth the extra $$.

We have been cruising for over 20 years and 16 of them were on Carnival. We took 2 RCI cruises back in the late 90's and have decided to give RCI a run once again on the Oasis of the Seas. Is there anything we should know as far as things that might be drastically different then what we've gotten overly used to at Carnival or what things should we most look forward to that are better or different?

Is there anything we should know about show booking and such? I know this is not a thing on Carnival but I have heard it is on royal, I just want to make sure we do not miss anything spectacular.

We have booked an Owners Suite on the Oasis, is there anything that would come with this that would help with the booking of anything on board? I am not familiar with the naming conventions Royal uses vs Carnival so I am unfamiliar with what some of things it includes is really saying lol.

Thank you!

Hi cruiser. Just thought I would enclose 13 min clip on Oasis. click on link and go to full screen and enjoy. Bob & nancy .

OASIS MARIO TAPE