"j" cabin on main deck of konisdam. How big? Sofa? Booked one?

AmberTeka

I just booked one for January, 2018. 11 Night Caribbean cruise. St. Lucia, which I have never visited, and Barbados are two ports It is hard to find information because the ship is so new.

Can anyone give me some information? I like Insides. I like low on ship. I am prone to sea sickness and that works well for me. My husband is a bit claustrophobic. Is it too small for him? thinking I might need to go to an O.V.

Thank you.

Hubby and I did a long cruise (49 days) on the Maasdam. The inside cabins on that ship are pretty much larger than average with a full length couch. Of course we spent a lot of time in the Crows Nest and on the promenade deck but we never felt cramped in the cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hubby and I did a long cruise (49 days) on the Maasdam. The inside cabins on that ship are pretty much larger than average with a full length couch.

The size of the inside cabins on the Maasdam can in no way be compared to the insides on the Koningsdam. Maasdam insides are very comfortable; the same cannot be said as the ships get larger.

The size of the inside cabins on the Maasdam can in no way be compared to the insides on the Koningsdam. Maasdam insides are very comfortable; the same cannot be said as the ships get larger.

Wow! My mistake... I don't know why I read Maasdam when the request was about the K'dam. Disregard my response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just booked one for January, 2018. 11 Night Caribbean cruise. St. Lucia, which I have never visited, and Barbados are two ports It is hard to find information because the ship is so new.

Can anyone give me some information? I like Insides. I like low on ship. I am prone to sea sickness and that works well for me. My husband is a bit claustrophobic. Is it too small for him? thinking I might need to go to an O.V.

Thank you.

Curious to know how we are supposed to know how your husband will tolerate this cabin, as we don't know your husband at all.

No expert, but I would think if one had claustrophobia, a cabin with a window or balcony would pretty much be a requirement.

A friend of ours was in a J cabin on Main Deck and it was quite spacious, but it did not have a sofa.

We were in an I cabin on deck 4 and it was bigger and had a sofa. The sofa wasn't in the greatest location - under the TV and along the side of the bed.

We had a J cabin on Main deck. Smaller cabin than on the older ships...we did not have a sofa or a table or a chair. We asked Cabin steward for a chair and he provided one. We used the dresser top for room service tray.

I also think your hubby would be better off with a balcony or at least a window.

Thank you all. I appreciate the responses. I cancelled that reservation. I booked a Lanai cabin on the Rotterdam for a bit later in January 2018. I understand that cabin has a door that opens to the Promenade And two chairs are outside of the cabin. I suspect he is going to totally enjoy that. I am looking forward to it too. I have read where one should keep the curtains closed at night. But we do that anyway.

Claustrophobic people should not be in closed rooms. Totally. But he is not like the wrestling coach I once knew, who passed out when students hid a spider in his Pencil Glass. Not that bad. Just gets the outside chair at the movies. Only flies to funerals. But when it is YOUR issue, it gets a lot bigger.

And we can drive to Tampa in 3 hours. I think one of the places we visit used to be called the Banana Coast. That always sounded so exotic to me. And we go to Key West. And we only have to board our hound for a week.

I love these message boards. I am always so impressed with how perfect strangers will go out of their way to answer questions.

AND if we go on the Konigisdam.in the future, we will at least go O.V. Obstructed. If they have them...

Happy Sails to all of US!!!!!!