random frozen drink ingredient questions

shellster1

Does anyone know what ingredients CCL uses for their mudslides? I love mudslides, but for some reason, it seems to me they use one ingredient (that I cannot seem to identify) which makes the drink taste....kind of...bitter or sourish? Has anyone else ever noticed it?

Another question: If I wanted a frozen drink with only ice, Bailey's, Kalua and vodka, what would that be called? Is that even a drink?

One more question a little off topic about wine: Does CCL still offer the wine packages, (like buy 5 bottles from a particular menu for a set price) or did that go away when Cheers was introduced? Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure the mudslides are made with a bottled mixture, ice, and the liquor. They just pour that stuff into the blender and let it go.

You can order any drink you like so long as they have the ingredients to make it.

Wine packages (5 bottles) can still be purchased at a set price that starts at $135, if my memory serves me right. However, the wines they offer can all be found in the grocery store in the $20 and under section. The names will be quite familiar to you.

Does anyone know what ingredients CCL uses for their mudslides? I love mudslides, but for some reason, it seems to me they use one ingredient (that I cannot seem to identify) which makes the drink taste....kind of...bitter or sourish? Has anyone else ever noticed it?

Another question: If I wanted a frozen drink with only ice, Bailey's, Kalua and vodka, what would that be called? Is that even a drink?

One more question a little off topic about wine: Does CCL still offer the wine packages, (like buy 5 bottles from a particular menu for a set price) or did that go away when Cheers was introduced? Thanks in advance!

The drink you described (Vodka, Kahlua, Bailey's Irish Cream blended with ice) IS a Mudslide.

Leave out the blended ice and you've got a Blind Russian. Add Tuaca and you've got a Bitchy Russian. Some folks use Peppermint Schnapps instead of Vodka. I'd call that a Too Sweet Mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The drink you described (Vodka, Kahlua, Bailey's Irish Cream blended with ice) IS a Mudslide.

The bartenders also usually add the ice cream mixture that comes from a quart cardboard container, similar to the strawberry, mango, pina colada, etc pre-made mixes that they use for the frozen drinks.

The bartenders also usually add the ice cream mixture that comes from a quart cardboard container, similar to the strawberry, mango, pina colada, etc pre-made mixes that they use for the frozen drinks.

Bartenders on ships murder classic drinks all the time. Another mortal sin is putting triple sec (or even Cointreau) and bottled citrus mix in a "Margarita."

A true margarita is simply tequila, lime juice and agave nectar.

Bartenders on ships murder classic drinks all the time. Another mortal sin is putting triple sec (or even Cointreau) and bottled citrus mix in a "Margarita."

A true margarita is simply tequila, lime juice and agave nectar.

The only bar on any Carnival ship that you know will not use any of the carton nonsense is the Alchemy Bar. That's why on our Freedom cruise we did the bulk of our heavy drinking from happy hour till midnight, when it was open.

That is a mudslide. LOL

LOL Right? That's what I always thought.....until I tasted the Mudslides on CCL. Then I began questioning my knowledge of mixed drinks! Sometimes there is chocolate in mudslides as well...I think?

I wonder if it's the Irish cream they use that tastes....off? :confused: