Haven upgrade question

TYSONBOXER

My wife and me are on the Gem in a haven suite in aug. Just got my upgrade offer. Question is, if I upgrade to Garden villa is that price only for us or can I add my family to it at same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they booked in the same room? The upgrades work on a per room basis. We are booked in a room for 4 (me, dh and our 2 sons), so if we get upgraded, we pay for the first 2 passengers but all 4 of us get the new room. So if I bid $50 on an upgrade, we pay $100 total for the upgrade to the new room with all 4 of us.

If we were in multiple rooms, let's say adjoining cabins, there's the chance that one room would be upgraded but the other wouldn't. So it's not automatic that your whole family would be upgraded.

This is provided you are doing the bidding for the upgrade, if it's still the call to upgrade system, you may be able to talk to them and see if you can get your family upgraded too.

Many people here are going to try to answer the question, but the question is not clear, so the answers may also not be clear or correct for your situation.

You mention adding people.

Are they already on your reservation in one cabin?

Or, are they in another cabin? Or are they not sailing at all at this point?

Meanwhile - one general fact : The upgrade program charges for the 1st two people in the cabin.

No they are not scheduled for this sailing. But if I upgrade, can I then add them to,this cabin. And if so is there an additional charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you actually GET the upgrade, you can almost always add guests. I say almost - as there is sometimes a limit due to lifeboats. Yes, you just call and pay the 3rd and 4th person amounts which is usually not too bad. It is NOT the price the first two people pay for upgrade. You can see the "probable" price easily by doing a mock booking.

Which haven suite are you in now? The 2br is great for adding two people if you have that.

We are in the OS now. The upgrade options were DOS or garden villa. The villa would be perfect cause it sleeps six. I did a mock booking and it came to over $23,000. That's was around $3850 a person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No they are not scheduled for this sailing. But if I upgrade, can I then add them to,this cabin. And if so is there an additional charge.

If you get the upgrade you won't know until as little as two days before sailing, that doesn't leave much time to add them. As long as the area of the ship you're in isn't over capacity, you can add them. Last time I was in a Garden Villa (2012) it was only $350pp after the first two. I assume the price has gone up since then.

If you get the upgrade you won't know until as little as two days before sailing, that doesn't leave much time to add them. As long as the area of the ship you're in isn't over capacity, you can add them. Last time I was in a Garden Villa (2012) it was only $350pp after the first two. I assume the price has gone up since then.

That would be one of those changes since you last sailed NCL - they have really jacked up the suite prices and especially so, the GVs.

That would be one of those changes since you last sailed NCL - they have really jacked up the suite prices and especially so, the GVs.

I priced out a 3rd person in the 2BR suite (non haven) and it was $749 for that person on a 10 day cruise. Pretty cheap in my mind.