Other good things

smj777

We've had a thread about what we like about cruising with P&O, but what about the rest?

To kick off with;

Poring over the new brochures.

Choosing a cruise.

Contacting TA

Choosing cabin etc.

Deciding on excursions.

Putting out clothes etc. on the spare bed.

Driving down to Southampton.

Hotel, night out in Southampton.

Seeing the ship next morning.

Dumping cases and going up to the embarkation lounge.

Any more?

Sailing out of Southampton with a glass of champagne, it's always more hectic than it should be so the reality doesn't live up to the dream but it's what I look forward to as that's when the holiday starts [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I enjoy reading the ship and port reviews in anticipation of a cruise. It helps me to plan what to do / problems to avoid.

I also try to learn / brush up on some of the languages in ports of call. In reality it is just enough to say please and thank you, ask where the toilet is and order food etc but it's fun to do.

Bee-ess, amen to that. I am always happy if the evening clothes still fit!

I enjoy reading the ship and port reviews in anticipation of a cruise. It helps me to plan what to do / problems to avoid.

I also try to learn / brush up on some of the languages in ports of call. In reality it is just enough to say please and thank you, ask where the toilet is and order food etc but it's fun to do.

Bee-ess, amen to that. I am always happy if the evening clothes still fit!

Exactly , Eglesbrech. Really enjoy all of the planning.

This is my first ever cruise. Have to say that I am brushing up on my Swedish and Russian.Looking forward to the whole experience.

Exactly , Eglesbrech. Really enjoy all of the planning.

This is my first ever cruise. Have to say that I am brushing up on my Swedish and Russian.Looking forward to the whole experience.

I'm impressed if you can master even a bit of Russsian. That's one I never even attempted.

And yes as others have pointed out, obviously the absolute joy of the cosy discussions we have on here about embarcation, tipping, dress codes etc.

I also enjoy looking up the individual port authorities to see which other ships are in and if I havnt been there before to google earth the area (some ports are greyed out) to see where it is in relation to the town.