Book with a Travel Agent vs. Online

dogtaur

IMO a TA is great for booking flights and cruises and wrapping it all up on major trips. Such as our Alaska cruise on Princess. It saved us a ton on flights. But... If you just plan to drive to port on a Carnival cruise we see no benefit with the TA. We know a PVP with Carnival and on our last 2 cruises they just key it in like anyone can. But the the PVP can assist with info on room location etc. if you aren't familiar with the ship. Hope this helps and have fun and relax[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess I'm in the minority but in the last 4 cruises of my 14 I have switched to using a travel agent. I have received from $75 to $150 Onboard Credit each time(one time I got a free specialty dining dinner for 2 with $100 onboard). I guess for some that's not a lot but for us I'd rather have $100+ in my pocket while also supporting some hard working agents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use a travel agent. I keep all control, and most importantly, the commission that they live on, goes directly to no one if you don't use them. Go through carnival directly, the price might be the same but they make more on you because they don't have to pay anyone the commission.

90% of the time my interaction with my travel agent is my payments and my initial booking... share the wealth. Don't do it for road trips, though I guess I could.. I just use them for cruises and disney world.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

The service industry goes by the mantra of "paying for someone's time and expertise"

Obviously, in the age of the internet, lots of the info is out there. There's are pros and cons to all ways you choose to shop. We know that the price doesn't generally fluctuate for cruises, but OBCs can quite often. Other websites have those deals too. Sometimes, you can also get a big cashback bonus depending on where you go.