What Flavor of Wings at O'Sheehans ?

I am also ashamed to say that someone in our group ordered only fat 'drumsticks' and they obliged.
Ashamed? Why??? That's the only way to order wings.

Hi,

First time on a cruise and I am hoping there are a couple flavors of wings at this bar. Hopefully something decently hot and then something asian zing-y ? Also what is their portion size 6, 9, 12 ?

Gracias......

yes, they do have about 4 choices and Asian is one, but it is not as tangy as we like. I think for spicy the best choice would be the basic buffalo wing coating. the portions, I believe there were either 6 or 8. You can always order 2 helpings. No one will really care.

I will add, I do wish the wings were a bit spicier. For those who wish they could order them with no sauce, you can, but even if you order with one of the flavors, there is no way they will be too spicy even for the person who loves bland only.

We used to love them in Blue Lagoon. Now in O'Sheehans they are in pre-made sause, and not as great. I wish we could order without it, as is.

As often mentioned food is very subjective. We like them much better now than in Blue Lagoon. In fact we like O'Sheehans better period.

On the Jewel they still had the ‘hot’ - my favorite. I never seem to find the exact same sauce with all the new flavorings. Does anyone know what sauce is the same as ‘hot’ with all the new flavorings. I didn’t seem to find it on the Getaway, even though I tried a few. I was so happy they still had ‘hot’ on the Jewel my last cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Goodness why would someone ordering drums only, no flats make you ashamed? To me flats are not worth the effort and I order drums only, even if it's an extra charge at a restaurant. Certainly nothing to be ashamed about imo

While I agree nothing to be ashamed of, I personally order flappers only - No grizzle filled drums for me. They are the ones with extra work.

Put the whole flapper in your mouth, pull out raking against your teeth and you have all the meat in one fell swoop.

The Thai chili wings are the best! LOVE them! I was on the Pearl in Sept/Oct and went to O'Sheehan's as soon as I got on the ship only to find out they had the old menus and no Thai chili wings. :eek: I'm back on the Pearl in a month and I'm hoping since the refurb that they've updated the menus! But, if they haven't, I'll get my Thai chili wing fix in Sept on the Epic. :D

You're in luck! I was just on the Pearl in April and the Thai chili wings were available-and delicious!!

So, you can not order PLAIN wings. Some people prefer those. Especially when the kitchen seems to think wings and HOT go together. So very wrong. Many folks can not deal with HOT, or even a little HOT.

we always order plain wings with the sauce on the side. you can get two or three sauces and pick the one you like.

On the Jewel they still had the ‘hot’ - my favorite. I never seem to find the exact same sauce with all the new flavorings. Does anyone know what sauce is the same as ‘hot’ with all the new flavorings. I didn’t seem to find it on the Getaway, even though I tried a few. I was so happy they still had ‘hot’ on the Jewel my last cruise.

Thanks -- Johnny will be happy ;p

we always order plain wings with the sauce on the side. you can get two or three sauces and pick the one you like.

Good plan. I don’t like sweet/sugar with savory food and some of the new sauces just taste too sweet with sugar overload.

So, you can not order PLAIN wings. Some people prefer those. Especially when the kitchen seems to think wings and HOT go together. So very wrong. Many folks can not deal with HOT, or even a little HOT.

I always order plain. You can order plain.