RCI Private Beaches/Islands?

I know some of the cruise lines have their own private beaches or islands at some ports. Can you tell me which ports RCI has one?

We really like getting into the local culture when we go so I'd hate to fall in love with an itinerary and find that I can't explore the local area while there.

Royal has and island in the Bahamas called Coco Cay, and a small peninsula in Haiti called Labadee.

You won't be able to explore outside the compound on Labadee.

Bob- doesn't Labadee have excursions outside of the "compound"? I haven't done one, but I thought I saw some being offered?

Yes, there are excursions outside the compound. I took the OP's "explore" question as wanting to be on their own.

Many years ago we did a kayak tour at labeled and they had us beach down the way in a separate cove and there were local venders there selling stuff. We did not buy anything.

I think we did that same excursion in the kayaks. When we got to that area, we were mobbed by the locals who surrounded everyone's kayak. Not a pleasant experience.

I know some of the cruise lines have their own private beaches or islands at some ports. Can you tell me which ports RCI has one?

We really like getting into the local culture when we go so I'd hate to fall in love with an itinerary and find that I can't explore the local area while there.

So do we. I really dislike the private stops and try to avoid them.

I think we did that same excursion in the kayaks. When we got to that area, we were mobbed by the locals who surrounded everyone's kayak. Not a pleasant experience.

The do the same thing on the jet skis also. When they saw I was adamant about not buying anything they moved on to somebody else.