Top Onboard Activities on NCL Getaway

We LOVED the NCL Getaway, it was the ship that got us addicted to cruising. A large part of the appeal to us was all of the great activities onboard!

We made a quick video of our top 9 our favourite activities:

Our favourite activities (if you want to discuss and not watch, that's totally fine!) are:

9) Basketball

8) Mini Golf

7) Deal or No Deal

6) Cake Decorating

5) Water Slides

4) Bowling

3) Ropes Course

2) Ice Bar

1) Glow Party

What are some of yours?

You can't beat sitting on the water front with a drink in hand. We too like deal or no deal (watching not playing).

Love the comedy shows, the variety of restaurants and the ropes course. Love the occasional movie shown at night and of course the Noodle bar. What's not to love on The Getaway?

I absolutely loved the Getaway! 16 nights on board - and never a dull moment (ignoring the TA issues) -

This ship is just fantastic!

Hard to determine top "to dos" - btw - I saw your youtube on FB this morning! Great Job!

In no order: (and to add to existing!)

La Cucina - never ever a favourite on ANY other NCL ship - on Getaway - its fabulous! Choose a seat by the window for outdoor views OR - if you like "the buzz" - ask for a table by the entrance - you catch all the music going on around the ship- and its a great spot for people watching - love it!

Have a Jalapeno Mjoito at Sugarcane - okay - its a $3 upcharge - but ooooooooooh what a yummy pre dinner drink - that perfect slice of cold cucumber - hot and spice jalapenos - its soooooooo good!

With drinks in mind - do shots at 3am in O'Sheehans! "The naughty gang" always hang out in two places - either Sunset Bar outdoors - or in O'Sheehans in the wee sma' hours.

Pull up a chair in O'Sheehans at 1pm in the day - grab a bar lunch and watch a fab movie on the big screen -

Glow Party - that's a given - but can YOU be the one up on that podium????;)

Embarkation Day - head for Margarittaville - top shelf Margarittas - and great food for very little $$$s - nice space - great vibe - lovely staff!

Thermal Suites - our number one priority I guess - in fact, no - don't go there, they are awful - very noisy - nothing special - give those a miss ;p

Spice H20 - dance in the rain in the water features - go wild on the dance floor - and knock back a Tequilla!

Buy tat in the dollar store - everyone needs some tat in their lives to keep them grounded :)

If you are tired - or jet lagged - note the essentials store has "5 hour wide awake" fruit shots at the counter - we open them there are then - knock em' back and "Tzing" - get over it jet lag!

I would have liked to have added lobster rolls to this list but sadly Ocean Blue was the ONLY restaurant on the ship where service was not good :( and that includes the outdoor lunch bar

Million Dollar Quartet - I don't know how much longer they are on - but if you can - book your seats NOW!!! Its the BEST show at sea ever ever ever!

Do Svedka Ice Bar at noon (lots of invites going around) and drink so many vodka cocktails you are on karaoke by 3pm :o DO wear socks into the Ice Bar or youre gonna get wee numb tootsies!

Aaaaaaaaaah the list goes on - I think after Getaway we cannot now go back to smaller ships. Epic and Getaway have us spoiled - so many choices - so much variety.

Roll on the next one!!