Whats with the clocks????

truffles2

Dutscruiser..........have the escati.com clocks been eliminated, or are they just down temporarily? I got the impression that this has happened in the past, and is a temporary situation. If they are gone for good, there are other 3rd party clocks available. It will be interesting to see what happens here in the next week.

Rick

I read a post a couple of days ago but can't remember where saying that Escati was having a spam problem and that the clocks would be going down and probably not coming back.

Although the new one is ok, if you have more than one cruise coming up it looks kind of busy so I just put a tag line and no clocks.

Debbie

This message is from Escati on their website:

COUNTER STAT PAGE SPAMMING

In the last few days, our counter stats pages have begun to be Spammed by unscrupulous people. They modify their computers so that when they hit your page, our counters read their browser info as a Spam Link. We are working on disabling these features, but it's going to be difficult to stop all of it.

We have also disabled access by search engines to our counter stats pages which should reduce Spamming.

If you need a new counter or guestbook we recommend Bravenet, you can preset your Bravenet counter to your current Escati total.

We Apologize for this problem, we may have to shut down our counter and guestbook services because of it..

One other countdown can be found here:

http://www.*****/cd/vc/

Since the Escati clocks are gone, how do we get to alternative clocks sites? I tried clicking the links of other clocks but couldn't get anywhere on the sites. :confused:

Thanks

This was from another thread on CC......

CC member fbrunetti has offered to try hosting the image-generating software, but subject to the important proviso that if the load on his server gets too high, he may have to withdraw the experiment.

For those who already have Esacti countdown clocks in their signatures: Go to Edit Signature. Wherever you see the following:-

http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi

Replace it by:-

http://echlforums.com/cgi-bin/Count.cgi

Be careful not to alter any of the rest of the code. And remember to Save Signature.

----------------------

Or click the countdown clock in my signature for a free clock.

This message is from Escati on their website:

COUNTER STAT PAGE SPAMMING

In the last few days, our counter stats pages have begun to be Spammed by unscrupulous people. They modify their computers so that when they hit your page, our counters read their browser info as a Spam Link. We are working on disabling these features, but it's going to be difficult to stop all of it.

We have also disabled access by search engines to our counter stats pages which should reduce Spamming.

If you need a new counter or guestbook we recommend Bravenet, you can preset your Bravenet counter to your current Escati total.

We Apologize for this problem, we may have to shut down our counter and guestbook services because of it..

One other countdown can be found here:

http://www.*****/cd/vc/

Madforcruising.........Looks like you have your countdown clocks working again. I went to Bravenet and registered, but guess that I lacking knowledge of what to look for in a countdown clock there. Any help you can give is appreciated.

Rick

Madforcruising.........Looks like you have your countdown clocks working again. I went to Bravenet and registered, but guess that I lacking knowledge of what to look for in a countdown clock there. Any help you can give is appreciated.

Rick

I followed fbrunetti´s and steve20832´s advice and went here:

http://www.elchforums.com/clock.htm

and set up new clocks.

Be aware that this service is offered by another CC member and if the traffic gets to high this maybe discontinued again.

I followed fbrunetti´s and steve20832´s advice and went here:

http://www.elchforums.com/clock.htm

and set up new clocks.

Be aware that this service is offered by another CC member and if the traffic gets to high this maybe discontinued again.

Thanks. Tried that website and it shows not available at this time.

I'll wait and see if I can get on later.

Rick

I've gone to the web site for the count down clock but what do they mean that you put the code bit in your signature. Don't understand reference to signatuer.HELP please

I've gone to the web site for the count down clock but what do they mean that you put the code bit in your signature. Don't understand reference to signatuer.HELP please

Paul, after you use the website (are you using *****?) to create the code for your countdown clock that you have designed by clicking on all the options, highlight the created code, click "copy", then return to this website, click on "User CP" - go to "edit signature" and put your cursor in your signature where you want the countdown clock to go, and hit "paste."

If this doesn't make any sense to you, come back and ask again. I'm assuming a certain level of computer-comfort here.

:D

Carol

Archived