Diamond / Plus Drink Package

We sailed on the IOS transatlantic in April 2017.

We would normally book the drink package in advance but after reading on CC that D and D+ get discounts on board we decided to wait the book on board.. before the cruise everyone could book for $44 plus tip.

When we went on boards and tried to get the package first of all we had to ask for our discount and after 10 min he said OK you can get it. but the price was $62 less our 30% discount making it $43.40

NOT MUCH OF A SAVING FOR DIAMOND PLUS. 60 CENTS

RCL get a grip if you don't it sorted, I will stop buying the package and get my 3 x free drinks which I will take to my room for next day at the pool and then go to the diamond lounge and drink for free for 3 hours and then take 2 glasses of wine to the dining room .

GET A GRIP AND GIVE THE DIAMOND AND PLUS THE TRUE DISCOUNT. if not we wont buy the package

We sailed on the IOS transatlantic in April 2017.

We would normally book the drink package in advance but after reading on CC that D and D+ get discounts on board we decided to wait the book on board.. before the cruise everyone could book for $44 plus tip. ...

Do you recall what percent discount they were claiming with the $44 pre-cruise price?

I believe the $44 deal was available to all sailing on the cruise

Sorry, I was not clear with my question.

When you saw the price of the drink package in the Cruise Planner on Royal's website, did they advertise 20% off, 30% off, etc.?

no discount mentioned on line

Then it seems an odd kind of math that Royal uses (not surprised) if a 30% discount on board equals regular price pre-cruise.

Sorry, I was not clear with my question.

When you saw the price of the drink package in the Cruise Planner on Royal's website, did they advertise 20% off, 30% off, etc.?

we had friends who never sailed with RCL before who booked and got the drink package for $44 per day plus tip

Edited by fas64

We are booked on the Explorer transpacific cruise in October. The beverage package was initially advertised at a 30 percent discount for $44. Now, it is just advertised for $44 with no mention of a discount.

It's confusing for someone like me who is Diamond only because I am Elite on Celebrity. I'm missing the rule book that says this a good value and this is not...

We are booked on the Explorer transpacific cruise in October. The beverage package was initially advertised at a 30 percent discount for $44. Now, it is just advertised for $44 with no mention of a discount.

It's confusing for someone like me who is Diamond only because I am Elite on Celebrity. I'm missing the rule book that says this a good value and this is not...

The onboard Diamond discount (if offered) is only 20%, so I think you are better off getting the package pre-cruise if there is any sort of discount.

I realize RC makes this confusing and hard to know the best way to go, this is their intention. However, while I cannot say that $44 pre-cruise price is the best you will see, it seems to be what most are reporting.

Remember, if the pre-cruise price goes down, you can cancel and re-order.

Do you recall what percent discount they were claiming with the $44 pre-cruise price?

the $44 price was available to all. No discount online for past cruisers

Then it seems an odd kind of math that Royal uses (not surprised) if a 30% discount on board equals regular price pre-cruise.

We booked the Chef's table for our IOS 2017 transatlantic. They offered 20% discount online. The price went from $95 all the way down to $85. Royal does use some odd math. But if they count my wife and I each getting a 10% discount then we did indeed get 20% in their mind. You are a great wealth of info on these forums. Even though I am usually a smart ass on these forums please take it as a compliment. happy cruising

the $44 price was available to all. No discount online for past cruisers

$44 is a discounted price, compared to their usual pre-cruise price (and definitely a discount off the onboard price). They have had rolling sales of 20 to 35% off for pre purchase. I can't see a situation where they would give C&A members a further 20% off that price.

We just experienced a similiar situation on the harmony (5/13/2017 cruise). First we had to explain the 30% diamond plus discount'to the bar tender. Even had to pull out the letter came nfirmng our d+ discount from the harmony concierge I got before we left. However, it was not listed as a benefit on our welcome aboard letter. Rccl needs to get their act together on this one. We ordered the drink package per cruise using our 30% off in March of this year on the Jewel. It drives me crazy when there is so much inconsistency and lack of knowledge of the discounts from the Rccl employees.

DW and I just became D+ in April. We are traveling in July on Vision and to be honest I was looking forward to a possible 30% off the deluxe package once on board. To our surprise they are now offering everyone on our July 9th sailing the deluxe package at 45.00 USD with the 18% grat Inc. Not a complaint, I love the fact everyone can benefit from this but its even more than a 30% discount which works out to $38 and change per day plus grat.

We are D+ and were to get 30% off the price of the Deluxe bev package. Also did not get the free internet for 2 days. We were charged full price for both! The charge for the bev package was not posted until the last night of the cruise. I sent an email and have yet to get a response. Leaving on a land vacay but when we return I will be emailing RCI again...just going to a higher level!

. Also did not get the free internet for 2 days. We were charged full price for both!

VOOM is a bit different from a drink package - you buy and set up the VOOM purchase yourself on a device. If the discount is not listed (you have to scroll all the way to the bottom, usually the last option), you have to go to GS and sort it first instead of relying on them fixing after the fact.

I realize RC makes this confusing and hard to know the best way to go, this is their intention. However, while I cannot say that $44 pre-cruise price is the best you will see, it seems to be what most are reporting.

Our September Harmony planner says Deluxe Package Special Offer $48. No percentage off listed and that's without the gratuity. We have SL access so we may roll the dice and wait until boarding to see if the 30 percent is offered and if it's still worth it.

Prior to the cruise the package was $44 per day plus TIP this price was available to all cruisers ( past or new cruisers) at one time it stated it was $55 less 20% discount and but changed to just say $44 per day.

on board the ship diamond members were offered a 20% discount and diamond plus were offered 30% discount but the package was priced at $62 per day plus TIP.

If booked online before boarding the price was $51.92 including Tip and available to all.

Diamond member buying the package on board the net price after 20% discount was $58.53 per day including Tip ( $6.61 more pay day than booking online)

Diamond Plus member buying the package on board the net price after 30% discount was $51.21 per day including Tip ( saving $0.71 per day than booking online)

I am sure the on board diamond and diamond plus discount is only available on the first day, so you have to take the package for the full cruise if you want the discount.

I am sure the on board diamond and diamond plus discount is only available on the first day, so you have to take the package for the full cruise if you want the discount.

Perhaps this also varies ship to ship, but that was not the case on Brilliance last year.

We are on the Independence in June and the drink package is $54.28 a day plus tips. We are on the Grandeur in October and the package is $44 a day. Why isn't it consistent?

Because you are on RCI: Really Consistently Inconsistent.

We are on the Independence in June and the drink package is $54.28 a day plus tips. We are on the Grandeur in October and the package is $44 a day. Why isn't it consistent?

Even on the same ship the price can change between sailings - dynamic pricing is likely the way forward.