Just for fun, what is the single worst thing you have seen a carnival cruiser doing?

This has been a great read , and I have to say made me realize that all of my cruises have been great !! While I have seen some crazy stuff , it's my Vaca and no one is going to ruin it for me !! I just ignore the rude people aNd laugh at and with the crazies !! Happy cruising everyone !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way back in 1986/87 New Year's Cruise -- our first one. We are sailing on the Festivale out of San Juan. On the plane ride down, there was a lady in her 50's with her 20 something daughter. The lady was telling EVERYONE what cruising was like -- what to eat, where to go, what time to wake up, etc., etc. She knew it all, and while its sometimes good to have someone who is experienced around, her constant advice was very amusing and somewhat annoying at the same time. My wife and I ended up laughing at the "know it all" behind us.

Fast forward three days into the cruise. We were at St. Maarten and getting back not he ship after a long day of excursions. Back then, the gangway was a stairway the raised up the side of the ship. You could watch everyone go up the steps as we waited on the dock. And then... there she was..... Miss "know it all" passed out drunk, being carried up the gangway by two guys. It took quite a while to get her up the stairs, but when she disappeared into the ship, she got a big cheer from those of us on the dock. Never saw her again. It must have been quite a hangover.

This has been a great read , and I have to say made me realize that all of my cruises have been great !! While I have seen some crazy stuff , it's my Vaca and no one is going to ruin it for me !! I just ignore the rude people aNd laugh at and with the crazies !! Happy cruising everyone !!

The way I look at it. There are idiots everywhere, but that doesn't keep me from having a good time!:)

This was the worst for me. My ex husband and I were seated in MDR. This stunning couple came in dressed to a T. Her outfit was very very skimpy. (She had the body to rock it). We would wait each night just to see what they were wearing. We would see them around the ship often. He seemed very possessive of her. We went cave tubing in Belize before they had doors on the bathrooms in the men's area...they were on our tour and he made her stand facing the door while he peed. My husband was in there using the restroom. I wasn't bothered but felt really bad for that girl to be in a controlling relationship.

A few years ago on the Conquest, this guy kept wearing this obnoxious T-Shirt in the MDR EVERY night. It said in big letters:

" I have the biggest d.... in the band " !

Misprint. Should've said am instead of have.

Not a worst thing but funny. A lady at my table in the MDR kept pushing the top of the butter dish cover. Finally I asked what she was doing and she said she was ringing for the waiter. Thought it was a bell!

That was really funny, I actually lol. I can so picture that.

1. On Sunshine. Family movie night, one hot tub full of kids and in the other one drunk woman in like her 40's. Security comes to close the hot tubs and put the nets over them. Kids all get out. Woman can't stand up. Interesting course in how to pull someone out of a hot tub ensues. After several failed attempts to get her out, a radio call brings 2 more security. They finally haul her out, and then... just leave her laying on the deck lying next to the now netted hot tub. The movie ended, we left she was still sleeping on the deck.

2. A fight over accusations of cheating at Trivia. The central point was that one party had heard the questions on a previous cruise and written down all the correct answers. A plastic ship on a stick is very valuable to some people.

1. On Sunshine. Family movie night, one hot tub full of kids and in the other one drunk woman in like her 40's. Security comes to close the hot tubs and put the nets over them. Kids all get out. Woman can't stand up. Interesting course in how to pull someone out of a hot tub ensues. After several failed attempts to get her out, a radio call brings 2 more security. They finally haul her out, and then... just leave her laying on the deck lying next to the now netted hot tub. The movie ended, we left she was still sleeping on the deck.

2. A fight over accusations of cheating at Trivia. The central point was that one party had heard the questions on a previous cruise and written down all the correct answers. A plastic ship on a stick is very valuable to some people.

The hot tub incident was funny.

But i have to say . I was on a cruise and sat in on the trivia game. Before the game started they said they would only accept correct answers . Not barely correct. This was on the Beatles. I was a member of the Beatles fan club way back when. So i was a real fan. They said some lady won with the answer being Lucy In The Sky with Diamonds. I said to them we'll no big deal but that wasn't the right answer. They got a little defensive with me and said yes it is. They said i thought we were playing a game. Yes but i am just telling you for next time that the correct answer is LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMOND. I wasn't angry or anything but i think instead of taking it so defensively you'd think they would have said Oh thank you we'll look into it. By the way i didn't say it real loud or anything. I went up to the cruise activities person after the trivia event. I know you're not talking about this case but sometimes people become competitive which wasn't the case with me. I just thought if you're going to do trivia make sure your answers are correct. By the way how did they know she got the answers from another cruise?

I was on the same cruise as #2 of your stories. It was a lady upset about an answer to a beetles music question. They said the answer was lucky in the sky with diamonds and she said it was Lucy in the sky with diamonds. Obviously the correct answer was LUCKY in the sky with diamonds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

a baby in the pool with a soiled diaper, when the mother and baby got out the pool.

The diaper fell off with a snicker bar in it.

And this is why children must be potty trained to use the pool. I can't stand the parents that let their babies in the pool. It is disgusting and a U.S. health code violation.

Am I missing something? "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is the name of the Beatles song.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah I'm confused too. The poster seems to think there is no "s"?

Anyhow in a similar vein, I wasn't happy when everyone got credit for "Another Brick in the Wall" when the answer should have been "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2"

The hot tub incident was funny.

But i have to say . I was on a cruise and sat in on the trivia game. Before the game started they said they would only accept correct answers . Not barely correct. This was on the Beatles. I was a member of the Beatles fan club way back when. So i was a real fan. They said some lady won with the answer being Lucy In The Sky with Diamonds. I said to them we'll no big deal but that wasn't the right answer. They got a little defensive with me and said yes it is. They said i thought we were playing a game. Yes but i am just telling you for next time that the correct answer is LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMOND. I wasn't angry or anything but i think instead of taking it so defensively you'd think they would have said Oh thank you we'll look into it. By the way i didn't say it real loud or anything. I went up to the cruise activities person after the trivia event. I know you're not talking about this case but sometimes people become competitive which wasn't the case with me. I just thought if you're going to do trivia make sure your answers are correct. By the way how did they know she got the answers from another cruise?

Exactly. I don't know if the person who won told them how they knew all the answers, but I think the other person was just inferring what happened. I also couldn't help but think, Lord just give them both ships on a stick. I get being competitive, but this went on and on like it was free cruise bingo, or the last day t-shirt sale when mediums start running low.

I have had the other experience you describe as well, about the answer. There is a question "True or False the Moon orbits around the Earth". The Carnival (or it might be Royal) answer book says False, because the Moon and Earth technically orbit around a Barycenter. The problem is, in the case of the Earth and Moon, the Barycenter is located inside the Earth, that is why it is taught that the Moon orbits the Earth. I actually emailed them after a cruise once and suggested they retire the question, since they can not understand how it works. On our last cruise it got asked again, and the same fight ensued. Good luck getting people to accept that the moon does not orbit the earth. I wrote "FALSE, because that is what you want to hear. It is actually True, because the barycenter in this case is within the Earth's surface." When we exchanged papers the other woman laughed, pointed, and said "Seriously?" I told her "Oh just wait." Then they read the answer. Not as funny as Lucky in the Sky with Diamonds.

An obviously drunk kid trying to order from the bar. I mean this guy couldn't have been more than 15. I saw the bar tender call someone on the phone and then make the guy a Shirley Temple. Guess they figured he was so drunk he wouldn't notice the difference. Makes me wonder how he got the liquor in the first place though.

It was 3am and I couldn't sleep so I went up to one of the lounges where the music was blasting. Strange, no one was there.....except the 2 crew members who were wrapped around each other laying down on the sofa near the windows. I mean, REALLY wrapped around each other. I guess the music blasting was to thwart any one coming into the lounge.....

I was on the same cruise as #2 of your stories. It was a lady upset about an answer to a beetles music question. They said the answer was lucky in the sky with diamonds and she said it was Lucy in the sky with diamonds. Obviously the correct answer was LUCKY in the sky with diamonds.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Beatles Music

That must have been me. lol.

No fight though. The answer is Lucy in the Sky with diamond. correct

Not Diamonds incorrect

Maybe they continued to do this trivia on other ships with the same mistake LOL:)

Exactly. I don't know if the person who won told them how they knew all the answers, but I think the other person was just inferring what happened. I also couldn't help but think, Lord just give them both ships on a stick. I get being competitive, but this went on and on like it was free cruise bingo, or the last day t-shirt sale when mediums start running low.

I have had the other experience you describe as well, about the answer. There is a question "True or False the Moon orbits around the Earth". The Carnival (or it might be Royal) answer book says False, because the Moon and Earth technically orbit around a Barycenter. The problem is, in the case of the Earth and Moon, the Barycenter is located inside the Earth, that is why it is taught that the Moon orbits the Earth. I actually emailed them after a cruise once and suggested they retire the question, since they can not understand how it works. On our last cruise it got asked again, and the same fight ensued. Good luck getting people to accept that the moon does not orbit the earth. I wrote "FALSE, because that is what you want to hear. It is actually True, because the barycenter in this case is within the Earth's surface." When we exchanged papers the other woman laughed, pointed, and said "Seriously?" I told her "Oh just wait." Then they read the answer. Not as funny as Lucky in the Sky with Diamonds.

i would have felt much better about myself had i known the answer to your question instead. LOL

Beatles Music

That must have been me. lol.

No fight though. The answer is Lucy in the Sky with diamond. correct

Not Diamonds incorrect

Maybe they continued to do this trivia on other ships with the same mistake LOL:)

I had a time where they had a wrong answer on a NFL helmet question. I proved they were wrong but they still went with the wrong answer that was on their sheet.

i would have felt much better about myself had i known the answer to your question instead. LOL

Ha, my parents were glad to know my education contributed to earning me a plastic ship on a stick. Trust me my answers to Harry Potter trivia are much more entertaining. Not any where near correct, just more entertaining.

I had a time where they had a wrong answer on a NFL helmet question. I proved they were wrong but they still went with the wrong answer that was on their sheet.

Hey guess what i may have been wrong . I just looked it up and all the lyrics with title say Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. lol i have all my albums in the attic. so i can't check I thought for sure i was right:o

Hey guess what i may have been wrong . I just looked it up and all the lyrics with title say Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. lol i have all my albums in the attic. so i can't check I thought for sure i was right:o

On mine they were definitely wrong. I want to say it had to do with NFL helmets with helmets on them and they had dolphins as an answer. The dolphin helmet used to have a dolphin wearing a helmet but they changed it about 5 years ago.