Cabin Age Question Regarding 20 year old

I am planning my wedding for November 2018 and have booked 3 cabins.

We are a family of 8 and my oldest who will be 21 is in her own cabin - her boyfriend will be 20 at time of sailing. Since the cabins are all adjoining, is that going to be a problem?

I thought I read that you need to cruise with someone 25 or older but does that mean in your party or your cabin?

It is supposed to be in the cabin, unless they are married. It has been quite awhile since I have had to worry about this, but I think they might not let you book.

The staff on the ship will not care. You might have to book the room so that you are in her room, and someone else that is over 25 is in the room with her boyfriend. Then when you get on the ship go to Guest services with everyone in your party and have them make new keys for you to the rooms that you want everyone staying in.

This process takes about 10 minutes and is very common. I have done it several times so that my inlaws could get better booking rates.. My wife with her mom, and me with her dad. Then 10 minutes at Guest services we are all swapped with no issues.

Per Carnival's ticket contract:

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one (21) unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Adult Guests agree to be responsible at all times for the safety and behavior of their minor Guests who are traveling with them. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

In 2014 we had 30 people on the Splendor booked and decided to add an 18 year old to our booking two weeks before saiing. She had a solo cabin (for the same price as a double occupancy due to sail-away special price) and the only requirement was that she had to be in the vicinity of one of the adults cabin in our party. It happened to be on the same deck as my cousin and her husband and they let her book the cabin, no problem. Like I said she was solo.

Per Carnival's ticket contract:

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one (21) unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Adult Guests agree to be responsible at all times for the safety and behavior of their minor Guests who are traveling with them. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

Guardian is simply a responsible adult, not necessarily a legal guardian.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just booked the following last month:

1 cabin for myself, husband and 18 yr old son

1 cabin for 21 yr old daughter, her 21 yr old boyfriend & son's 18 yr old friend

Our cabins are balcony cabins, next door to each other. No issues with the booking process.

We are booked in a month. My girls were originally next to us, but my third daughter just joined, and we had to move their cabin. They are on a different floor. My girls are 21, 19 and 17. Maybe I should be worried? I figured they wouldn't book them if it were an issue! I guess one of us could always "switch" and be in the cabin with my daughters....

Switching cabins is easy and no one will care. Being that the parents are there it somewhat changes the rules.

I am sure the Parents of the son will care if he ends up with alcohol poisoning, or worse.

Rules are in place for a reason not to ignore them because they don't apply to you.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/~/minor-guest-policy

You DO NOT have to book another adult in the cabin with them as long as the reservations are linked, with one of you being listed as the responsible party. The guardian DOES NOT have to be in the same room.

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

• The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian.
  • The bookings must be cross-referenced with the relative or guardian’s stateroom and documented properly.

I am sure the Parents of the son will care if he ends up with alcohol poisoning, or worse.

Rules are in place for a reason not to ignore them because they don't apply to you.

I agree with your logic - however the three cabins are all next to each other. She wants him to be there for our wedding and he lives on his own already- he will just be a few months away from turning 21 at the time of sailing. I am not worried about him drinking or being crazy as they have been together for 2 years and he is pretty reserved. I will make sure to be very vigilant anyways (overprotective mom)

Why would you say something like this? Are you saying the OP's kids are irresponsible? They are switching cabins, not having a frat party. Alcohol poisoning or worse? seriously?

I have not pulled the specific link, but I can assure you that you do NOT have to book someone 25 and up in each cabin. You can't make the reservations on line, but calling Carnival, you can get done what you need.

My kids have been sailing in their own inside - across the hall from my balcony with DH - since the were 8 and 14. As minors, they have to be across, beside or diagonal (perhaps within 3 rooms or so?). If they are all over 18 but under 25, then they can book slightly farther away.

And no, I don't worry about my sons' drinking or having a party in their room. They have strict rules, with stricter consequences. We get a spare key from Guest services and can check on them any time. They are now 13 and 19 and the biggest "problem" I have had is that my then 15 year old was late to dinner by 15 minutes on night.:halo:

When we started cruising the youngest was 3 and now has a dozen under his belt so this is just second nature.

Kind of related. If I wanted to take a cruise with just me and my 3 kids (leave hubby at home) do we all have to cram in the same cabin. Or can I book a connecting cabins with 2 in each? My kids would be 17, 15 and 7. I would put the teens in one and me and the 7 year old in the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Kind of related. If I wanted to take a cruise with just me and my 3 kids (leave hubby at home) do we all have to cram in the same cabin. Or can I book a connecting cabins with 2 in each? My kids would be 17, 15 and 7. I would put the teens in one and me and the 7 year old in the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, you can (see my earlier response) and they don't even have to be connected.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/~/minor-guest-policy

You're fine. It may not let you book online, but you can just call Carnival and book over the phone. Our girls were across the hall at ages 10 and 16, and will be two doors down on our upcoming cruise. When I called they said the website doesn't recognize you're trying to follow the rules when it sees the young ages.

From Carnival:

• Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:
    • Guests 12 and younger
      If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
    • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
      Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
    • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
      Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

Once again ...

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

• The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian.
  • The bookings must be cross-referenced with the relative or guardian’s stateroom and documented properly.

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

We had two cabins last summer. Hubby and I were in a balcony by ourselves. Son (18), daughter and boyfriend (both 21) were across the hall in an inside. No issues what so ever. From what I understand, they could have been locate anywhere on the ship as long as the reservations were linked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app