Margaritaville on Breakaway

parasailor

Food was great. As good as our local Margaritaville on shore. Prices are less than on shore. Volcano Nachos are great. Margaritas are excellent as well! Covered by UBP. I was a big Uptown fan, complained when I heard of the change. Had lunch for 4, had a great meal and drinks. It was pretty empty the whole 7 days though. I wouldn't expect this to last, not on BA at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were Uptown breakfast fans before they turned into Jimmy's Upcharge Buffet. Back when they did omelets and made to order breakfast sandwiches. May the new place last as long as Carlo's . . .

Can anyone tell me what the breakfast is like there? Couldn't find breakfast menu anyplace, sit down or small buffet? Smoked salmon?

Thanks

Safe saililng

Pretty much just simple small buffet. They had scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs as well, a few meat choices, potatoes, toast and sweet rolls, and some fruit juice as well as fresh fruit if I remember right. There is nothing fancy or made to order, I don't think. You would go there,mainly to fight the crowds and for the view, certainly not for the quality of the breakfast.

I did not see smoked salmon at breakfast anywhere on Breakaway last September or Gem in February. Perhaps a budget cut victim?

They have salmon in fact a huge serving in the MDR every morning and the buffet has a Salmon mouse or you can ask for salmon and they will get you some. In the buffet even though they do give you a huge serving of salmon, you only get 1/2 of bagel and very little onion and cream cheese. You have to ask for extra.

They have salmon in fact a huge serving in the MDR every morning and the buffet has a Salmon mouse or you can ask for salmon and they will get you some. In the buffet even though they do give you a huge serving of salmon, you only get 1/2 of bagel and very little onion and cream cheese. You have to ask for extra.

Thanks. We have never had breakfast in the MDR as we like to sit at outdoor tables. Good to know that I can sk for it at the buffet, although I wish it were just there for the taking.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure why I would have to choose, can't I have both? Isn't SDP unlimited? Is it only 1x day?

SDP is limited to number of uses (3SDP is 3 uses, 4SDP is 4, etc.)

You CAN use it more than once per day but each use counts towards the total. Lunch and dinner on the same day counts as 2 uses.

It is SPD ( specialty dinning package) not UPD ( unlimited dinning package).

The drinks package is unlimited for drinks under 15$.

OOOOHHHH - Is it really worth taking as a freebie? Seems like it's not really worth it - Thought you could eat at special rest as often as you liked!

OOOOHHHH - Is it really worth taking as a freebie? Seems like it's not really worth it - Thought you could eat at special rest as often as you liked!

It is definitely worth it to us. We paid 24.84 in tax on the SPD for the escape. Cagney alone would be close to 150-200$ In a land based restaurant.