MTP new policy changes.

crows nest club

Princess has a good reputation & itineraries in Alaska that attract many new Princess passengers. When we were #7 the #3 passenger had only 270 days which probably doesn't happen very often now.

On our most recent Alaska cruises the top 3 passengers were in the 1,000 to 1,500 day range & they were doing several B2B cruises to get away from the summertime heat at their desert homes. But as you said it definitely has increased the odds of us being invited to a MTP event.

For us a MTP invitation is a nice bonus but sailing as often as possible is our ultimate goal. :D

I honestly can't recall if we got an invite or not since it was a long time ago. It's much easier to us being in Florida just to do the Caribbean and that seems to attract the higher numbered Elites from all over.

Utoh!! :rolleyes: Someone made a common sense decision! Like most, I agree with this decision even though we are just starting to build up with Princess.

Like Thrak, it will be awhile before we are even in the running and honestly, not that important in the scheme of life. :cool:

When we were #7 the #3 passenger had only 270 days which probably doesn't happen very often now.

We made #3 on the southbound leg of an Alaska cruise on the Pacific a couple years ago, with somewhere around 174 days? I was honestly surprised that even the small ships didn't seem to attract much in the way of return passengers for Alaska. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I think it was only something like 120 people were return passengers of any kind. (Southbound, I think it was either 8 or 12 elite? And maybe about 20 platinum?)

That was a pretty decent cruise. The naturalist on the ship was the author of the cruise companion book, and even she was amazed at just how close we got to Marjorie in GB on the NB leg. And the southbound passage through Steven's Passage just had an incredible number of whales that could be seen from the ship - that was actually when the captain's circle party was happening, and everyone was being distracted by the whales out the windows.