New to NCL need help with FREE choices

Boozebabe

We've been on 20 cruises but never on NCL. Will probably book a cabin that offers 2 choices of the FREE stuff. Will choose free drinks and dinners. My question is....What restaurants are included? Another question would be....Which restaurants on the Escape are no charge?

How formal is dinner? Will nice slacks and a fancy top do for me? Dress pants and long sleeve dress shirt for hubby?

Edited by Boozebabe

Complimentary restaurants:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/whats-on-board/Dining-

Unless you are booked in a suite, you can not go to the Haven restaurant.

Specialty dining (dining package may be used)

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/whats-on-board/specialty-dining

Don't know if Wine Lovers The Musical is included and Dolce Gelato isn't included with the dining package.

Not formal at all. What you mentioned would be fine.

We've been on 20 cruises but never on NCL. Will probably book a cabin that offers 2 choices of the FREE stuff. Will choose free drinks and dinners. My question is....What restaurants are included? Another question would be....Which restaurants on the Escape are no charge?

How formal is dinner? Will nice slacks and a fancy top do for me? Dress pants and long sleeve dress shirt for hubby?

The post above gave you a link for all of the complimentary and specialty dining rooms. For your 3 specialty dining

Specialty dining packages are honored in Cagney's Steakhouse, Moderno Churrascaria, Teppanyaki, Le Bistro, and La Cucina restaurants. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, and Pincho Tapas Bar restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

• The Supper Club (non-complimentary) - $15 USD
  • Bayamo - $15 USD
  • Sushi -$7 USD
  • Raw Bar - $7 USD (does not include Seafood Plateau. If ordered, the upcharge is to be waived)
  • Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD

It is highly recommended that you book your specialty dining and show reservations EXACTLY 90 days prior to your cruise (100 days for Havens guests). Prime time dining reservations will sell out. The most popular restaurants are Teppanyaki and Cagney's.

You can pre-book For the Record: The Brat Pack and After Midnight (broadway shows in the main theater) 90 / 100 days prior to sailing also.

Once on board, you can book one comedy show (early shows family oriented, late shows 18+) and complimentary dinner shows in the Supper Club.

The easiest way to book shows, dinners, excursions on the ship is by using the touch screen kiosks in the public areas.

You don't have to dress up even that much on NCL. You'll be fine with what you described or even more casual.

In case you're not aware, the free items you mention will have a service charged added to them--it's 18% of what they charge for the package, so about $14 pp for the three specialty dinners and about $99 pp for the drink package on a 7-day cruise.

Polo shirt and Dockers are good for hubby. No need for a long sleeve shirt in the Caribbean if you don't want. If hubby feels better getting dressed up a little, no problem. You will find folks dressed up in the dining rooms too.

NCL's general dress code is that long pants and collared shirt is required in the Le Bistro specialty restaurant and the aft main dining room (on small ships) or Ocean Blue/Bayamo on the big ships. Shorts are acceptable in all other dining rooms.