? about Princess tour to Pisa

We will be in Livornon on a Monday, so we do not plan on visiting Florence as the galleries will be closed. We are thinking about taking the tour just to Pisa, but it does not include entrance to climb up the Tower of Pisa. The tour does allow for shopping time for souvenirs. Does anyone know if we would be able to have enough time to climb the Tower on our own during this free time?

Keep in mind that even though the galleries are closed there's still lots to see in Florence, if you like shopping the Market is awesome. On our tour, it was good to see Pisa, but I sure wouldn't have wanted to spend much time there, and their shopping for souveniers is basically stalls selling junky leaning pisas. I would highly recommend doing a tour that includes both. But if you're stuck on Pisa, then yes I would think you have time to do both.

To follow up on my original question, about how much time would we need to budget to do the climb up and down the tower if we have preserved tickets?

I still will probably not want to go to Florence to shop even though I have heard it is terrific there. I have been reading some reports that the US Dollar may weaken badly again against the yen and Euro next year so there may be no bargains by the time we are there in June. I am trying to prepay as much of the noncruise parts of our trip that are charged in foreign currency before the dollar tanks again.

To follow up on my original question, about how much time would we need to budget to do the climb up and down the tower if we have preserved tickets?

I still will probably not want to go to Florence to shop even though I have heard it is terrific there. I have been reading some reports that the US Dollar may weaken badly again against the yen and Euro next year so there may be no bargains by the time we are there in June. I am trying to prepay as much of the noncruise parts of our trip that are charged in foreign currency before the dollar tanks again.

How much are you planning to spend? I think 3 silk scarves for 10 Euro is a deal no matter what the exchange. Sorry, can't help you on the rest, I certainly don't plan my vacation around the dollar weakening against the yen - and I'm a banker!

Archived