Norwegian Dawn - 3rd and 4th bed type?

travelbug4

Hello.

We are thinking about taking the Dawn to Bermuda next summer in an inside cabin. We are a family of four and I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of beds are for the 3rd and 4th passengers in an inside cabin?

The NCL site is not specific. It just says "and additional bedding to accommodate two more guests" Does anyone know if it's two upper berths that come down from the ceiling? (which we would prefer). Or is it an upper berth and a sofa (or a rollaway)?

Thanks for your help.

Hello.

We are thinking about taking the Dawn to Bermuda next summer in an inside cabin. We are a family of four and I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of beds are for the 3rd and 4th passengers in an inside cabin?

The NCL site is not specific. It just says "and additional bedding to accommodate two more guests" Does anyone know if it's two upper berths that come down from the ceiling? (which we would prefer). Or is it an upper berth and a sofa (or a rollaway)?

Thanks for your help.

As far as I know, the inside cabins aren't big enough to have a sofa bed. The inside room we had on Dawn had bunks in the ceiling, although we didn't use them as there were only 2 of us.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

Most inside cabins on the Dawn have 1 that folds down from a wall near the ceiling plus 1 trundle. It ends up being pretty much wall to wall beds. Someone who has stayed there will have to confirm, but I believe the insides on deck 12 have 2 uppers instead. No sofas in inside or ocean view rooms on Dawn (or most ncl ships).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the Dawn and the Star the only rooms that have the two from the ceiling are the newer rooms that got added on 12 (no one has provided evidence otherwise over the years and I haven't seen any pictures to say otherwise).

The rooms on 12 are in a quiet area but note they are high and forward so if prone to seasickness that could be an issue.

As dexddd stated, all original inside cabins on Dawn class and Jewel class ships that sleep four passengers have only one pulldown - that means that in those cabins with four people three sleep side by side (or in a U-shape formation if the trundle bed is setup at the head of two regular beds, there are pictures of this setup posted here somewhere).

So for best setup on Dawn class ships, book a retrofitted inside cabin from deck 12.