bringing luggage to pier?

mclaire

we are flying the day before our cruise (for the first time) and will be taking cab/shuttle to the pier and so we will have our luggage with us. do we then take it onboard ourselves or do we check it somewhere. the main reason i am asking is if we bring it ourselves and have "that balcony bottle of booze" in our luggage, will they take it? thank you!

thank you, and had i thought about it, of course they wouldn't let you bring your own luggage onboard! so liquor in our big cases will not be confiscated? i must say, i learn something new everytime i read these boards!

They don't allow you to take your own bags aboard and will take it at the pier. They scan it all before boarding it. Since 9/11 they are very careful as we would want them to be.

You can take carry on luggage aboard yourself.

thank you, and had i thought about it, of course they wouldn't let you bring your own luggage onboard! so liquor in our big cases will not be confiscated? i must say, i learn something new everytime i read these boards!
If you are going to pack a glass bottle in your checked luggage, PLEASE double wrap it in bubble wrap and double wrap in ziplock bags. One broken bottle can ruin not only YOUR clothes, but the clothes of people whose suitcases are under yours. Those porters stack those bags at least ten bags deep, and that is HEAVY. And they throw them around much worse than those gorillas in the old Samsonite commercials. (or was it American Tourister?)

Can you take any bags you don't need to the pier the day before? I pack clothes in my carryon so once I'm in town the day ahead, I won't need the big suitcase. Can I take it and have them hold it for loading the next day?

No, they don't have any holding areas for luggage at the pier. Sorry.

Archived