Universal and RCI Packages?

jsf

We did it in September. We flew into Orlando, stayed in Orlando for 6 nights then the day before our cruise we drove to Ft Lauderdale and stayed overnight in a hotel close to port. After the cruise we got a flight home from Miami.

Our package included car hire from Orlando airport for the whole time we were there, we should have driven Orlando - Port Everglades the morning of the cruise (dropping the car at Ft Lauderdale Airport), but not knowing our way and having never driven in America we decided to head up the day before which didn't cost that much more.

Is there anything specific you wanted to know? Some packages do this but you cruise from Port Canaveral instead.

We really enjoyed this trip and loved having a few days at Universal before relaxing on the cruise.

I would not do any package put together by the cruise line.

Anyone with basic common sense could arrange this on their own.

These types of things are for the people who cannot get to the local grocery store without a talking GPS guiding them there...

These types of things are for the people who cannot get to the local grocery store without a talking GPS guiding them there...

I totally agree with you in some respects- I have planned many vacations myself with multiple destinations, range of different transports etc... And usually it works out cheaper too.

However, if the price is right why not book a package? Our RCI/Orlando package was cheaper than booking separately ourselves as we got it on a deal which is why we did it.

Bit harsh :D

Royal Caribbean packages vary from very reasonable to very expensive.

They often provide much, much cheaper flights to the US from UK than I can get elsewhere.

I totally agree with you in some respects- I have planned many vacations myself with multiple destinations, range of different transports etc... And usually it works out cheaper too.

However, if the price is right why not book a package? Our RCI/Orlando package was cheaper than booking separately ourselves as we got it on a deal which is why we did it.

Agree. When I priced them out before, was actually a good deal.