Too many options, help me choose a beach

no1volman

After reading so many post my eyes are crossing. I think I've narrowed it down to Mr Sanchos, Paradise Beach, and Nachi Cocom. It's my wife, myself, and 2 teenage girls (14 & 15). We're not drinkers so interest in alcohol. But food on the other hand is a different story, lol. The girls all like the sun. But all I care about is relaxing in the shade. So plenty of shaded areas is a must. I think the girls would enjoy the water inflatables. But honestly at their age. I'm not sure how long they would keep their attention. I like the all you can eat option at Sanchos. But is it really worth it if you're not drinking alcohol? If my research is correct. It looks like there will only be 2 ships in port that day if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For what it's worth, we started taking our kids to PB when they were something like 4 and 6, way before there was a pool. Been there bunches of times since and even though they're out of college now PB still remains at the top of our collective list for beach clubs. We don't drink alcohol either and most definitely like good food. My wife doesn't lay in the sun and isn't interested in the sand unless it's in Grand Cayman. The whole property is nice. Beautiful pool area, shade at the pool and on the beach between the pool and the water. Clean restrooms. Excellent service and very good food. I've never felt like I overspent. Have fun wherever you go.

For what it's worth, we started taking our kids to PB when they were something like 4 and 6, way before there was a pool. Been there bunches of times since and even though they're out of college now PB still remains at the top of our collective list for beach clubs. We don't drink alcohol either and most definitely like good food. My wife doesn't lay in the sun and isn't interested in the sand unless it's in Grand Cayman. The whole property is nice. Beautiful pool area, shade at the pool and on the beach between the pool and the water. Clean restrooms. Excellent service and very good food. I've never felt like I overspent. Have fun wherever you go.

Thanks for the input. I really like hearing about all the shade. The only negative I keep hearing is about the beach being rocky. Or maybe it was the sand being rocky after entering the water. I really can't remember. Do you remember that being a problem?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have found that the sand is quite course pretty much everywhere in Cozumel. As far as there being rocks in the water, I just don't remember that. The number of kids out there playing on the inflatables tells me they have no complaints. PB is a family friendly environment which, even if we're by ourselves, is an important consideration.

No need to reserve in advance - actually you cannot reserve PB in advance. Check their web site for details - $3 admission/chair rental and extra fee for the water toys. Lots of van taxis that can handle your group of 6 - fare will be posted on the board near the taxi line (expect to pay about $30 each way, but my memory may have been affected by all of the margaritas). :)

No need to reserve in advance - actually you cannot reserve PB in advance. Check their web site for details - $3 admission/chair rental and extra fee for the water toys. Lots of van taxis that can handle your group of 6 - fare will be posted on the board near the taxi line (expect to pay about $30 each way, but my memory may have been affected by all of the margaritas). :)

Thanks!

If your looking for the best beaches in Cozumel, you will find them on the East Coast of Cozumel also known as the other side of Cozumel. If your looking for shallow waters that do not have waves, your best bet is at Punta Sir Eco Park, because it is protected by the bay the wraps around. The water is about 2 feet for half a mile out, and is absolutely gorgeous. We stopped here last year on a private jeep tour, and it was perfect for the kids.

If you continue along the other side of Cozumel, you will see lots of secluded beaches that are free from development. Its like taking a step back in time. You can pick a beautiful deserted spot on the beach and have the entire thing to yourself. We read that the waves can be harsh on windy days. The day we were there, they were somewhat calm. I personally like that the beaches are all natural, and not over crowded.