Major problem with purchasing drink package

I'm trying to pay for a drink package through 2 different forms of payment. One is my regular debit card and the other a gift card. I have racked my brain on how to get this money off the gift card. I got the gift card for a rebate on switching phone companies. It expires at the time of the cruise so I can't use it to buy on the trip. This card can't be reloaded and I called rccl and they said I could buy obc but they weren't sure if I could use it immediately like everyone else that gets that promotional credit. I've been saving this money for about 2 months and I can't believe they can't take 2 forms of payment that's just ridiculous. Anyone else have any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those gift cards are the worst! I'm assuming it's a visa/MasterCard type one? Honestly, your best bet is to buy groceries or gas or even clothes with that gift card. I've worked at restaurants and those gift cards always hold a service/gratuity amount so you can't redeem the whole thing for a service. Maybe you can sell it to a friend or family member?

Very off topic: Give the number on the back of the card a call. Few times I've been able to have them cut a check in the value of the card at no cost/fee.

Sent from a mobile device

Those gift cards are the worst! I'm assuming it's a visa/MasterCard type one? Honestly, your best bet is to buy groceries or gas or even clothes with that gift card. I've worked at restaurants and those gift cards always hold a service/gratuity amount so you can't redeem the whole thing for a service. Maybe you can sell it to a friend or family member?

Yea it's visa and doesn't come with PIN number. I'm in the process of waiting for my aunt to answer back if she has the cash for the exchange. Fingers crossed🤞🏽

Very off topic: Give the number on the back of the card a call. Few times I've been able to have them cut a check in the value of the card at no cost/fee.

Sent from a mobile device

They won't :( says so on the back of the card.

This card can't be reloaded and I called rccl and they said I could buy obc but they weren't sure if I could use it immediately like everyone else that gets that promotional credit.

If you can purchase the onboard credit with the gift card now, you could then buy the drink package when you board. The pricing may be different then, but at least this is one possibility.

I have several rebate cards as well and also was unsuccessful in buying the drink pkgs with it. I like the idea of calling RCI and having them add some onboard credit if that's possible. I may try that. Maybe for tips or excursions? I have many cards that are in $80 amounts. So frustrating!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have several rebate cards as well and also was unsuccessful in buying the drink pkgs with it. I like the idea of calling RCI and having them add some onboard credit if that's possible. I may try that. Maybe for tips or excursions? I have many cards that are in $80 amounts. So frustrating!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You could just buy the Visa card also like I did. Atleast you could use it elsewhere if you have money left over.ddc53c5ad354b8cc9c5df87e2fe7feed.jpg