Anyone on NCL Star right now? NHL stanley Cup Finals on cabin TV?

dodge9

We are sailing next week... have the ipad with all the apps we need and unlimited wifi and alarm for 2am wake up calls for games... but wondering if they are showing the finals on cabin tv????? THANKS!

Hi - can't answer about NCL Star, but on the Sky 2 weeks ago, the NHL playoff games were on the TVs in the bars as well as in the cabins.

AWESOME! THANKS! I am hoping that will be the case for the Star too, just not sure since we are cruising from Venice!

We are sailing next week... have the ipad with all the apps we need and unlimited wifi and alarm for 2am wake up calls for games... but wondering if they are showing the finals on cabin tv????? THANKS!

I can answer for you. Simple answer is no, you will not see them in the cabin. NCL does not show any domestic US channels in the cabin other than some news stations. IN addition you will likely not get them in the bars live due to the time difference. Your only hope is to spend a lot of cash on the Internet and try to watch it on line, but even that is risky because the bandwidth is too slow to effectively stream live sporting events.

I can answer for you. Simple answer is no, you will not see them in the cabin. NCL does not show any domestic US channels in the cabin other than some news stations. IN addition you will likely not get them in the bars live due to the time difference. Your only hope is to spend a lot of cash on the Internet and try to watch it on line, but even that is risky because the bandwidth is too slow to effectively stream live sporting events.

I always get the unlimited wifi due to my work and we were able to listen on the app last year, so we know that is worst case scenario, but I was reading others the past two weeks were able to watch in cabin, so sparked my question! Thanks

I just got off the Gem on Saturday. ALL NHL and NBA games were on the International Sport 24 channel which NCL carries along w/Fox News, MSNBC, CNBC and BBC News. I watched games 6 & 7 of the Senators/Penguins in both my stateroom and O'Sheehan's, which was packed for the overtime of game 7.

I just got off the Gem on Saturday. ALL NHL and NBA games were on the International Sport 24 channel which NCL carries along w/Fox News, MSNBC, CNBC and BBC News. I watched games 6 & 7 of the Senators/Penguins in both my stateroom and O'Sheehan's, which was packed for the overtime of game 7.

THANKS!!!! Hoping my Pens can go back to back! WE WANT THE CUP! LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

BEYOND HAPPY to report we had the Stanley Cup Finals on our cabin TV on Sports 24.... woke up at 2am for the games and WOO HOO our Pens are back to back STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!! We had a GREAT time on the cruise. Decorated our cabin door in Pens stuff and had watch parties... our local news even posted our photo on air for cheering from the Adriatic!

BEYOND HAPPY to report we had the Stanley Cup Finals on our cabin TV on Sports 24.... woke up at 2am for the games and WOO HOO our Pens are back to back STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!! We had a GREAT time on the cruise. Decorated our cabin door in Pens stuff and had watch parties... our local news even posted our photo on air for cheering from the Adriatic!

As a fellow Pens fan I'm pretty happy, although as a Ravens fan, I hope the Steel City's sports luck runs out in September.

As a fellow Pens fan I'm pretty happy, although as a Ravens fan, I hope the Steel City's sports luck runs out in September.

LOL GO STEELERS! Stairway to Seven! Any chance you were the Ravens fan I was mocking at the Venice airport? LOL