Scenic transfers - when not included?

Nang

DW and I are booked on a Scenic Amsterdam-Budapest cruise later this year. Airport/ship transfers are included but not for us as we are flying in a few days early and out a few days post the cruise. I had expected we would get a transfer from the hotel to the ship and ship to hotel but our TA says no. Is this others' experience as well? Not a major issue at all but.....

DW and I are booked on a Scenic Amsterdam-Budapest cruise later this year. Airport/ship transfers are included but not for us as we are flying in a few days early and out a few days post the cruise. I had expected we would get a transfer from the hotel to the ship and ship to hotel but our TA says no. Is this others' experience as well? Not a major issue at all but.....

We generally always book our own transfers since most cruise lines charge way above what you would pay a cab for the same trip. Our Budapest transfer was booked through Viator and for the two of us being picked up at the airport and delivered to the hotel is $75. We booked an automobile a little larger than a sedan due to luggage, etc. Since you are departing from the hotel in Budapest, I am sure that they will be able to get you a cab for the trip.

Cole

If you post the hotels your staying in you may get help from others who have done the same or be able to work out how close you are to where your vessel is docked. You may even be lucky enough to have chosen the same hotel that Scenic uses and I bet you will be able to jump on their transfer vehicle. Enjoy your cruise CA

If you post the hotels your staying in you may get help from others who have done the same or be able to work out how close you are to where your vessel is docked. You may even be lucky enough to have chosen the same hotel that Scenic uses and I bet you will be able to jump on their transfer vehicle. Enjoy your cruise CA

Canal Archive is correct. We had this situation on our Scenic cruise earlier this month when we had to get ourselves to the ship on our own in Amsterdam. We just had hotel call us a taxi. But in Budapest in 2015 we stayed at the hotel Scenic was using and went on their coach to the ship. In arrival in Budapest we went to the official taxi stand, told the cashier where we were going, paid her and were given a receipt to give to the driver who was only a few feet away.

Visitor is a reseller and does not provide any services themselves. You may not even know in advance exactly which company you will be using. I always book directly with the actual company that is going to provide the service. If something changes or goes wrong I know exactly who to call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the replies. I don't have any concerns about how to get from hotel to ship and ship to hotel, its going to be a short cab ride. The idea of hitching a ride from a hotel used by Scenic is a good one. We are doing Amsterdam to Budapest on Scenic Amber 8 - 22 Nov 2017. Anybody who might know which hotels Scenic might be using please advise.

We are booked into the NH Carlton Amsterdam in the city centre and the Hotel Moments in District V Budapest.

Our trip in Sept 16, we stayed at the Double Tree Hilton, which is the hotel Scenic recommend. Everyone on the trip was told to meet there by 3pm (which included people not staying there), and then we were taken literally around the corner by bus, to the boat. I imagine some people arrived later and did make there own way to the boat.

We have just booked another cruise and will stay again at the Double Tree as it was so handy.