All Access Ship Tour - Worth it?

Being a retired Navy communications type - and, highly interested in the technical aspects and the engineering side with surface warfare quals, I want to do it but have been procrastinating. I'd probably be holding the tour up though with my propulsion questions./quote]

At least with my Oasis tour, they scheduled things out, but left enough time for everyone in our group to has their questions to everyone's satisfaction.

azimon.jpgguyincharge.jpg

We would love to do this IF it included the engine room. Now that would be interesting. We have done a galley and backstage tour which was very interesting but wouldn't pay to do that portion again.

I believe on all of these tours the Engine room itself is not accessible, but the Engine Control room is accessible and still interesting.

Those who have done the "$150 3 hour tour" which existed up to approx 1 year ago, this no longer exists.... it's less expensive and you see less. It is not the same as it used to be. Reports on cruise planners have been anywhere from $89 to $119, and it's only 2 hours skipping some major areas where you do not get to see anymore.

My HOTS tour was major disappointment compared to past tours. I feel that perhaps if you are not high in status (ie. lower than Diamond), and thus you've never had a Galley/Bridge tour before, then this in fact would be worth it for you to get your first idea.

I hadn't heard this. It seemed like a big money maker for the line on the bigger ships. It was clear to me they were tuning it as a Money maker.

I think "Worth It" is a point of view to the person who is taking the tour. What might not be worth it to someone else might be worth it to the next person regardless of what use to be a part of the tour back when! They did lower the price when they took away some of the areas no longer part of the tour. I would actually prefer a shorter tour than the 3 hour tour! :cool:

DW got this for me as a present while on the Mariner of the Seas. You know, it is said that disposable income is best spent on experiences and not material possessions. In this case it's true.

Getting the inside poop on how the crew lives & works: $150

Tea & scones on the bridge with the captain and cruise director: Priceless

My husband took the 3 hour tour on Liberty of the Seas. It was totally worth it for him. It actually ran quite a bit over and he was gone for 4 hours. I would have not enjoyed it at all. So I was glad he was willing to do it by himself. He loved seeing how the sheets were fed into a machine and automatically folded. (plus other things of course)

I hadn't heard this. It seemed like a big money maker for the line on the bigger ships. It was clear to me they were tuning it as a Money maker.

They told us on Allure that the money went to a crew welfare fund.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums