Dinner Menus!!!!!! Finally!!!! This Just IN!!

soapbxking

LMAO.. there were only three! :-) haha :cool:

I was talking about the 12 in the title! Lol. I'm just messing with you. I get excited about all things cruise-related.

I agree. I didn't know about this either. First time using the hub app will be in August. Sweeet.

SO m any great responses and some that add even more info. I like that you can favorite an event and get an alert. I will def. use that feature!:D

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Whatever they do to improve the app is lovely just so long as they leave a way for us freedom sailors to get our info;)
Presumably, you're talking about information that has until now been provided via paper flyers and such.

Don't they provide a computer kiosk somewhere aboard?

Keep in mind that distributing information electronically can be substantially less expensive and flexible than doing so on paper. Paper is problematic for other reasons as well. This conversion to electronic distribution is precisely the kind of thing you can reasonable expect to see as electronic distribution becomes generally preferred.Think of it this way: All those who prefer electronic distribution have suffered for years and years with paper distribution being their only option. Eventually, things will likely swap the other way around.

You don't have to plug into the app if you don't want to.

The dinner menu is available outside the MDR doors just prior to that specific meal or you can just wait until you are seated. Either of which is what anyone would have done in the past. The menu was never posted in the funtimes. On some ships, you can see it on the interactive TV.

Point is, your habits in regards to menus and your phone don't have to change. Now some other things, probably yes as time goes on. As others have said, it's cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Have to agree with the convenience of all this information on the hub app on my phone. I too enjoy using my phone to take pictures because of the quality now on cellphones it's not worth carrying a camera around. This way everything is on one device and much lighter in weight to carry around. We used the reminder feature on last couple of cruises and loved the feature to notify us that something was about to start. Actually there is so much paper distributed during a cruise in a cabin (such a waste). I also agree this change over is welcomed by us !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Presumably, you're talking about information that has until now been provided via paper flyers and such.

Don't they provide a computer kiosk somewhere aboard?

Keep in mind that distributing information electronically can be substantially less expensive and flexible than doing so on paper. Paper is problematic for other reasons as well. This conversion to electronic distribution is precisely the kind of thing you can reasonable expect to see as electronic distribution becomes generally preferred.Think of it this way: All those who prefer electronic distribution have suffered for years and years with paper distribution being their only option. Eventually, things will likely swap the other way around.

On the Conquest April 1-9 cruise, the daily menu was not on the TV nor the HUB app. Only place to see it was at the MDR. Like many others, I mentioned the idea of electronic menus on my post cruise survey.

It was also the cruise where I discovered the aft pools/hot tubs could be used by "child accompanied by an adult", so that there wasn't any adult only area on the ship.

I enjoy change and usually embrace it. Glad the menus are now accessible again. Didn't like the changes I mentioned above since there was no improvement or replacement in place for what was taken away on that particular cruise.

Didn't like the changes I mentioned above since there was no improvement or replacement in place for what was taken away on that particular cruise.
Well, of course that's a matter of perspective. The pool situation was a wash (pardon the pun): What old people wanting an adults-only area lost children and their families who wanted to use those facilities gained. That distinguishes it from when a cruise line actually takes something away from some passengers and no other passenger gets it.

Well, of course that's a matter of perspective. The pool situation was a wash (pardon the pun): What old people wanting an adults-only area lost children and their families who wanted to use those facilities gained. That distinguishes it from when a cruise line actually takes something away from some passengers and no other passenger gets it.

Yes, but if they waited to make the change when they put the menus on the HUB or lifted the age limit in the aft hot tubs after they converted a Serenity area with hot tubs as rumored for its next dry dock, the transition would have been seamless with no gaps.

Planning for change is an art, whether in corporations or individuals, and good planning promotes higher acceptance by those most affected by the changes. Lack of planning leaves disgruntled customers who then wonder what the next screw up will be.

There is a contingent of us who prefer to lock our phones away in the safe on embarkment day to be "phone free" and leave them there until the last morning. :D

Whatever they do to improve the app is lovely just so long as they leave a way for us freedom sailors to get our info;)

I heartily second this!

I'm kind of thinking they need to put the daily menus AND FunTimes on the Carnival web page for each ship -- DAILY. Would be cool to see what they're serving on my favorite ship, and the days activities, even though I'm 500 miles away from it.

This is awesome, the first thing my DW and I do is try and figure out what night to book the steakhouse. As soon as we board the ship we will head to the MDR and make sure are seating is correct (time, and 6-10 top). Then we see if we can see the menus for the week we look for the night that is least appealing to us, and book the steakhouse for that night. However the whole week menus are not always available to see:(, but if its on the app. it will be at our finger tips. Our next cruise however (since you can book ahead on Carnival) we just booked it for the first night for the 50% off bottle of wine, not the free bottle we hear that is god awful.

Now, if there would be able to see them BEFORE boarding, that would be helpful for booking steakhouse reservations...

Better yet have menu for your sailing in with your documents online and you can look at the menus before booking Jijis or steakhouse so you can decide which days to skip the mdr and have it booked and paid for pre cruise :)

That definitely jumped out at me as something that was missing. Also, including the Camp Ocean schedule would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I think that's fantastic news that the HUB will start making the menus available !! :D Lots of us like to plan our meals ahead of time for various reasons and now we will be able to do so. I'm sure the menu for each cruise is planned in advance, so I had always wondered why it wasn't posted somewhere.

I love this & hope it's available for the Dream in August. We don't eat in the MDR everynight & generally decide which nights to make our skip nights based on the menu. Yes, we can always pop down to the MDR to read it but this is much more convenient! We check the HUB for activities & decide what time to attend dinner based on what activities we want to attend (always have ATD) & now we can use the HUB to decide where to eat too.

John Heald just said on his FB page that they will start putting the Dinner Menus on the HUB App!!! Personally I think that is awesome. WHat say you???:confused:

I think it's a great idea but I also hope they don't start putting everything JUST on the Hub app. I am planning on keeping the fun times as a souvenir.

The HUB app worked really well in my opinion making it easy to keep up what was going on. I thought several times how nice it would be to have the menu, good to seem them expanding it.

I've suggested this time after time in my surveys since the HUB app has been out. Finally glad someone in admin finally saw the logic as well. I only use my phone for the app as I like to disconnect as well, but stay informed as to what is happening on the ship.