Question regarding Carnival Magic

We have sailed with Carnival 3 previous times (2007, 2011, 2014) and have a trip planned for next year. I've used Cruise Critic since 2014 but just recently became a member. If anyone can answer any of these questions I thank you in advance!

- What is the situation with the MDR menus? I love the original menus (like the ones posted on zydecocruiser) but what is the deal with "American Menu/Feast"? Are both the original menus and American menus available? Could someone explain?

- Anyone have any tips or recommendations about Carnival Magic specifically? We still have a long wait but any information would be appreciated.

- Finally, who is John Heald?

Thanks!

Edited by CarnivalCruiser875

OK, so John Heald is a Brand Ambassador for Carnival. He has a FB page and a blog. He shoots videos all the time. AS far as tips for Magic. Do a search.. there is a very recent thread with tons of just what your looking for . Ill let someone more knowledgeable explain the American Table menu

It's just one menu, some of the old stuff is on there. I REALLY miss the chateaubriand. Gonna try the steakhouse out this cruise, should be fun.

People are so upset over tablecloths and such. It's rather comical.

Heading onto the Magic this fall myself I also asked the same questions and researched the same issue and found that it boils down to: Things change. Shocker!

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Heading onto the Magic this fall myself I also asked the same questions and researched the same issue and found that it boils down to: Things change. Shocker!

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Oh please let me know how you like the Magic this fall! We are so excited!

We loved the Magic. As for the menus there is only one. The American table. I have no idea what was on the old menus because I started cruising after the American table menu was released. Must have been some fab stuff the way folks go on about the old menu!!!

With that being said, I have had no issues with the current menus. Always have found something to eat. I will say the portions seem a little on the small side but maybe they do that since so many people ask for multiple servings. I am thinking I will try asking for 2 this time of some of my favorites!!!

You will love the Magic. I wish she still sailed out of Galveston. I would go again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

"American Table" are the new menus. They replaced what others refer to as the "old menus". We have had American Table on our last two cruises and frankly find the fuss to be much ado about nothing, a lot from the "I hate change" crowd who want the same stuff Carnival has served for years. You still have your choice of apps, soup, salad, entrees and desserts.

Magic is a great ship. We are not cruise line loyalists at all. Frankly, moving forward we will only consider Dream class (of which Magic is a part) or Carnival Sunshine if looking at the Carnival brand. Magic has some great features and is one of the more modern looking ships in the fleet. A great variety of included dining venues, good water park area, large and very comfortable main theater and so on.

American Table is the New menu...which has the Ports of Call section.

American Feast is the New menu for Elegant nights. There is no Ports of Call on it, all the dishes are a bit more upscale, i.e. Lobster tail, steak, etc, with escargot for app, etc.

We had the "new" menus on our last cruise and I thought they were fine. The menus weren't the problem as much as the food just wasn't always cooked right. First cruise where I started looking for something else for dessert than the Warm Chocolate Melting cake because it always came extremely overdone. The lack of table cloths didn't bother us at all.