Can I bring open drink back from port?

This is a question that I cannot find an answer to.

If I purchase a drink (any kind - alcoholic or non-alcoholic) while in port, can I carry the drink back on with me when I reboard?

Last year, I purchased a frozen drink at the port in St Martin and I hurriedly drank all of it before getting back to the ship because I didn't know if that was allowed. Gave myself a terrible brain freeze!

If you have a bottle of water, put it in your bag and it should be fine. Open drinks will not be allowed. I've seen this pretty consistently, not that I'm paying attention.

We purchased a couple bottles of water in either Freeport or Nassau back last January. We drank 1 & took no more than a sip or 2 from the other. My daughter had the one lacking 2 sips in her Night Owls backpack when we borded. I simply forgot about it. They made us throw it away before boarding.

Alcohol I would say is an unequivocal NO.

On my last cruise, I brought back a large agua fresca in a styrofoam cup with no problems. I did ask the security guard what to do with it. He took it as I went thru the metal detector and he gave the drink back to me. He didn't even look or smell the drink.

I bring back drinks in cups all the time and have never been asked about it.

I think if I looked inebriated at all, then I wouldn't have been allowed to bring it on.

On my last cruise, I brought back a large agua fresca in a styrofoam cup with no problems. I did ask the security guard what to do with it. He took it as I went thru the metal detector and he gave the drink back to me. He didn't even look or smell the drink.

I bring back drinks in cups all the time and have never been asked about it.

I think if I looked inebriated at all, then I wouldn't have been allowed to bring it on.

It helps that you (and me!) have sailed the same ship many times and know the security people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guessing that if it's one drink like the ones in the cup a security guard might ignor it. But if they officially say it's ok, how much do think people will try to bring on? They already try to get liquor bottles on and often do. It's like all the rules, they seem silly until you see how far people will push the policy.

By the variety of answers I guess you aren't going to know until you try.

I spoke with two gentlemen in Freeport a few years ago that told me while in line they had vodka in one of the water bottles. I watched the guard tell them to drink it down or throw it away. Thankfully they tossed it. I can't imagine how chugging 20 oz of vodka would have effected someone.