Taxis readily available at Oceankaj?

I´m thinking that they are right :rolleyes:

You got 3 ships at Oceankaj that day

The 3963 capacity Norwegian Getaway arriving at 6:00

The 2490 capacity Serenade Of The Seas arriving at 7:00

The 3780 capacity Costa Favolosa arriving arriving at 8:30

And at Levantkaj also in Nordhavn its the 2550 capacity MSC Magnifica arriving at 8:00

Furthermore Serenade is docked at Terminal 3 and that is the one furthest away.

I know the ships transfer are very expensive but in this case I think its worth the money.

When I was in Thailand I almost didn't make the flight home because the taxi I booked was 30 minutes late and the lines at the airport was horrific.

Btw I talked with my brother about your situation and he actually offered to drive you to the airport if you was interested.

@ cruisecritic if this a violation of the forum rules then just delete it.

Danish Viking, if your brother can fit 6 & is willing to transport us from port to Absalon hotel on September 12 please email me at gbits@optonline.net [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry its a regular Seat Leon Station wagon so it can only fit 5 includingthe the driver

Its was only the special situation that made him to do the offer.

What is your suggestion for the 6 of us to get to Absalon Hotel from the port? We dock at 8am & have a walking tour booked at 11 so we need to get to hotel, check in (or at least have them hold our bags) and then get to City Hall steps by 10:50.

Journeyplanner.dk doesn´t go that far out but I just searched on a Tuesday where bus 25 also runand I got this schedule.

Take bus 25 from Oceankaj at 09:20 and get off at Østerport.

Here you take any southbound train to the central station and walk the last bit from there, you should be at Absalon around 09:45 so plenty of time to get to the Town Hall Square.

Thank you, Danish Viking, for the kind transportation offer. We're home now, however, and here is what happened. Our debarkation was Sat June 3 (Serenade of the Seas). My husband had wheelchair assistance from the ship to the ship's transfer buses that were waiting. We left the ship at 7:15 am. In the terminal where you pick up your luggage that was set out the night before, a Royal Caribbean employee was asking departing people if they needed a taxi, which she called if someone wanted a taxi. Outside the terminal, not on the street but in a lot beside the terminal, there were 15-20 taxis that appeared to be waiting to be dispatched to the Royal Caribbean terminal. We're glad we took the ship's transfer because we were unsure about the taxi availability and the ship's buses were lined up ready to go. The main issue with the ship's buses is everyone was let out at Terminal 2 at the airport. So we had to walk to the terminal we needed (Terminal 3, SAS). We made it to Terminal 3, but with my husband's mobility issues it certainly would have been nice to be dropped off at Terminal 3, which would have been possible with a taxi. BTW, for anyone with mobility issues who gets wheelchair assistance at CPH, this is one of the best airports we have ever been to; their assistance is excellent.

I am following this with interest. I dock on the Getaway on Thursday 27th July and have a flight booked at 13.40. I would need to be at the airport at 11.40. I assume this will be possible by taxi?

I am following this with interest. I dock on the Getaway on Thursday 27th July and have a flight booked at 13.40. I would need to be at the airport at 11.40. I assume this will be possible by taxi?

We have the same itinerary and would assume there will be taxis available around 10 or 10:30 AM, especially since taxis will be dropping people off for embarkation.

It should be possible to get a taxi at that hour.

There is just 2 ships at Oceankaj that day and Regal Princess is docked at Terminal 3 so you get the benefit of docking at Terminal 1 and that is the one closest to the main road in the port.

I know the ships transfer are very expensive but in this case I think its worth the money.

Taxis in Copenhagen are also really expensive. I just got the pier-to-airport transfer off the Getaway for USD$30, which is about half what I would have paid for the same ride in a taxi, and they transferred my luggage all the way to CPH for me. Very worth the cash, especially when you saw the line for bus #25 from Oceankaj.

Taxis in Copenhagen are also really expensive. I just got the pier-to-airport transfer off the Getaway for USD$30, which is about half what I would have paid for the same ride in a taxi, and they transferred my luggage all the way to CPH for me. Very worth the cash, especially when you saw the line for bus #25 from Oceankaj.

Thanks for the information. I have a party of 4 traveling so a taxi may still be less expensive for me and was wondering if you noticed taxis readily available?

It should be possible to get a taxi at that hour.

There is just 2 ships at Oceankaj that day and Regal Princess is docked at Terminal 3 so you get the benefit of docking at Terminal 1 and that is the one closest to the main road in the port.

Thank you very much. Your help is invaluable. We are staying 2 nights before our cruise too so have been following your advice about how to get from the airport to our hotel, what to do and where to go .Off to buy my city pass soon.

We have the same itinerary and would assume there will be taxis available around 10 or 10:30 AM, especially since taxis will be dropping people off for embarkation.

Happy to share a taxi if you are doing the same journey as us. There are 2 of us.

Just got off of Regal Princess this week. Long line for taxis but went fast. Line split for singles and twos versus groups with 3+. Taxi to the airport cost about the same as taking the cruise shuttle service for two.