Best day pass

Boatingmom

There have been only two hotels in recent years offering day passes, Elbow Beach Hotel and Coco Reef Resort. They are in the same area, Elbow Beach. The day pass package at Coco Reef includes lunch, the pass at Elbow Beach does not. Neither includes any water sports. This year both are selling the passes through resortforaday.com, at $99 per person for Coco Reef, $69 pp at Elbow Beach. Both are a fairly substantial distance from the Royal Naval Dockyard, assuming that is where you'll be docked. Either a long bus ride, or an expensive taxi ride, or a combination of a ferry to Hamilton followed by a shorter taxi or bus ride.

We've never bough a resort day pass in 30 yeas of regular travel to Bermuda. Bermuda has beautiful free public beaches. Horseshoe Bay is annually voted among the best beaches in the world, and it has full facilities. You can rent chairs and umbrellas and buy food and drink from the concession. There are bathrooms and changing rooms.

We've never bough a resort day pass in 30 yeas of regular travel to Bermuda. Bermuda has beautiful free public beaches. Horseshoe Bay is annually voted among the best beaches in the world, and it has full facilities. You can rent chairs and umbrellas and buy food and drink from the concession. There are bathrooms and changing rooms.

I have never bought a day pass either in the 15 or so years of visiting Bermuda for the same reasons as you. I did go to Elbow Beach once, didn't get a pass, at that time there was a vendor renting chairs, now gone, but for me while Elbow was a nice beach it does not have the character of Horseshoe Bay, and from Horseshoe you can venture to coves between Horseshoe and Warwick which are also quite beautiful. On Bermuda beaches there are not vendors pestering people on the beach which is one reason I might get day passes on some Caribbean islands, and there are no safety reasons to get a day pass.