Review of cruise on Pacific Dawn

Thanks for your review Aus Traveller, interesting to see the changes.

Like you, we first cruised Pacific Dawn when she arrived, we also did 28 nights to Tahiti return, then she was more similar to Princess.

We havent cruised P&O for a long time but have booked the Aria from Singapore in August next year, I think it is after a dry dock. Wonder if they will put water slides on the Aria and Eden? We booked it for the itinerary, it's only 14 days....and the price;p

Appreciate you insight having cruise both as well.

I think we were on that Tahiti cruise with you. I hope you find the Aria to your liking. We cruised on her twice (10-11 nights and a long South American cruise) several years ago when she was the Ryndam. She was a very classy ship.

The scoops of icecream are so small, we asked for two or three scoops. :)

We were getting 2-3 scoops as standard issue, maybe the Dawn cook is thrifty ?

On the Legend if you asked for "the rainbow" you got a scoop of all the flavours.

I think we were on that Tahiti cruise with you. I hope you find the Aria to your liking. We cruised on her twice (10-11 nights and a long South American cruise) several years ago when she was the Ryndam. She was a very classy ship.

I was on Dawn last month and Aria last July.

I agree that despite the updates to Dawn, Aria is still the classier ship. Plus the free Italian and Asian restaurants give it the edge on food as well.

But I would avoid the oceanview cabins on Aria's promenade deck 6. Not my cup of tea at all.

The Hypnotist Peter Powers is regarded as probable the best in Australia. He's had a few tv shows.. Only had Unknowns on Carnival & Princess..

thats a worry, does he need to have knowns.

Edited by mrs and mrs
spelling for once

The Hypnotist Peter Powers is regarded as probable the best in Australia. He's had a few tv shows.. Only had Unknowns on Carnival & Princess..

I am sure he is entertaining for many, I just don't care to watch hypnotist's shows in general.

I am sure he is entertaining for many, I just don't care to watch hypnotist's shows in general.

Agreed. Probably the funniest part of the show on the Pacific Dawn was one volunteer - a rather portly man dressed in a kilt. When he sat on the stage with his legs splayed the audience had a very good view of what he wore under it. Thankfully he had underpants on - admittedly, very small black ones, but at least they were underpants. We were treated to many view of these underpants during the show, particularly when the wearer was under hypnosis and not aware that his kilt was totally open and his legs splayed. :p

I was on Dawn last month and Aria last July.

I agree that despite the updates to Dawn, Aria is still the classier ship. Plus the free Italian and Asian restaurants give it the edge on food as well.

But I would avoid the oceanview cabins on Aria's promenade deck 6. Not my cup of tea at all.

My work is right on the River beside the Gateway Bridge so we see the ships going past. Funny how they look so different going past - Aria is known here as 'the boring one' and the Dawn is 'the fun one'..lol Aria just seems to float past totally quiet while the Dawn goes past with the Macarena or something blaring out and people sounding like they are having fun.

My work is right on the River beside the Gateway Bridge so we see the ships going past. Funny how they look so different going past - Aria is known here as 'the boring one' and the Dawn is 'the fun one'..lol Aria just seems to float past totally quiet while the Dawn goes past with the Macarena or something blaring out and people sounding like they are having fun.

How strange, when we were on the Aria (out of Sydney) it was party central everyday and night.