Regarding Cove...cove type balconies......just Carnival?

kcdancerkc

Dream class and Vista. But this is actually an older type of balcony. Look at the oldest ships in any line and you may find this type balcony. But they won't be called a cove balcony - because for those ships, they are the standard.. And they are on QM2, but they are called sheltered balconies. Not many on ships that sail North America. But the standard on ships in Australia - Sun and Sea Princess, ships of P&O - AU.

MSC has them for and aft, more on the lower decks. They are noted as steel hull balconies.

The downside? Not much sun on the cove balcony due to the location beneath the lifeboats. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

and what ships? A friend showed me what this was, and now determined to look at this type without plexiglass!

Any downside?

Thanks! :cool:

We sailed in a Cove Balcony on the Carnival Breeze and have one booked on the Vista this September. They are wonderful. Close to the water and very private. The only downside is do not get one under the galley as I heard it can be noisy. We always get one under the guest services desk and never hear a sound. These balconies even have a built in shelf which is good for holding drinks. ;p

The downside? Not much sun on the cove balcony due to the location beneath the lifeboats.

That's actually a plus for me. I had a long balcony complete with a lounger on the Conquest once. I could have laid out for hours reading if it weren't for the sun which eventually became unbearable. I love that the coves can protect you from the Caribbean's harmful rays. Now if only they would build a ship with a long cove balcony that you can fit a lounger on...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe that the Dream, Magic and Breeze have the cove balconies that are closest to the water giving you incredible views of the wildlife. Other ships have cove balconies but most of them are much higher above the water. They have slightly more room than the standard balconies on the same ship as they are deeper.

I love 'em.......

We sailed in a Cove Balcony on the Carnival Breeze and have one booked on the Vista this September. They are wonderful. Close to the water and very private. The only downside is do not get one under the galley as I heard it can be noisy. We always get one under the guest services desk and never hear a sound. These balconies even have a built in shelf which is good for holding drinks. ;p

Sailed on one on the Dream awhile back and we got one under the galley. Banging every night from about 10pm until 3am. Had a hard time sleeping. Carnival though did compensate us without us even asking; just us complaining every night.

I will say it's great to be so close to the sea. Loved it. . . Except for the noise.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Thanks guys.... I will keep this in mind. Close to the water on some ship in the past and it was awesome

but had plexiglass .

No plexiglass on the lower coves. I do remember them being able to close off your access to the balcony if the seas we're to high though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app